SMF April 2019 Challenge - Soap Cupcakes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated list

1. earlene - I bought some silicone cupcake molds sometime back - now to find them so I can give this a try
2. steffamarie - about time I entered a challenge!!
3. Primrose - mmmmmm cupcakes ...
4. Artemis - now I want some real cupcakes... Or at least Choco frosting!
5. Amy78130 - So fun!!!
6. Terri- Going to try to find some time to do this!
7. jcandleattic - I love making cupcakes - Not sure I'll have time since I'm out of the country for a while but will try.
8. Cherrydene Soapy. I have only cupcakes once and they looked like poo but I will have anothergo. Hope I entered properly x
9. Cal43- Never made one but, this is what learning all about
10. Atihcnoc - I've never made cupcakes, but I've always wanted to try it, it would be the first time. :)

@LadySarah370 You need to have 50 posts in order to participate in the challenge, you only have 22 posts, so I can't add you at this time.

1. earlene - I bought some silicone cupcake molds sometime back - now to find them so I can give this a try
5. Amy78130 - So fun!!!
7. jcandleattic - I love making cupcakes - Not sure I'll have time since I'm out of the country for a while but will try.
8. Cherrydene Soapy. I have only cupcakes once and they looked like poo but I will have anothergo. Hope I entered properly x
10. Atihcnoc - I've never made cupcakes, but I've always wanted to try it, it would be the first time. :)
11. MarnieSoapien - I could use the piping practice. I'm not sure I'll have a chance as I'm current out of the country.

Question? I’ve seen embeds on some cupcakes. Can other items be placed on the cupcake as decoration for the challenge besides embeds?

Atihcnoc, hello, you should have copied the last one above which have me Cal43 so the list could be easily tracked that no one would be left out.

I'm sorry Cal43 I tought I copied the last one, my apologies for that!

Updated list

5. Amy78130 - So fun!!!
11. MarnieSoapien - I could use the piping practice. I'm not sure I'll have a chance as I'm current out of the country.

Yes, per rule 3:
upload_2019-4-18_11-44-2.png

Well, my piping kit came hours too late to get started on the soap today. I was really hoping it would come before noon. Another order arrived early, but this one took all day long. So I'll get started tomorrow.

It's already good Friday here in ozland, four day weekend. Although I'm working half days today and Monday, I'm looking forward to getting some soapy time..I'll be trying my first cupcakes later today :D eek!

Made my cupcakes yesterday, the piping took 900 years to set up and I got too impatient so it wasn't quite at a perfect piping consistency. Still far too soft to unmold 24 hours later so I'll let it sit a couple more days. They're looking nice but I saw a couple beads of liquid sitting on top. Tested this with pH paper and it's reading a strong 14 so I'm sure it's lye water. Hopefully that will reabsorb...that hasn't happened before so I'm wondering if having everything so so cold and the saponification taking so long has contributed to it. Regardless, they look pretty decent so we'll see once I can turn them out. I'm having fun!

I thought it would be fun to play along... So I made fudge brownie sundae cupcakes. Here's a few tips that some might find helpful.
I used 30% lye concentration, which wound up being perfect for making a batch of soap for the frosting (normal method), I did cover the bowl with a towel while I was making the batch for the base.
When I frosted I used the no mess tip earlene posted earlier, it worked slick as a whistle! You do need a longer piece of cling wrap than you think. My first was too short and I wound up with a small mess but still not as bad as it usually is for me. I actually enjoyed it!
So I thought I would share my little flop... Somehow I thought this cupcake was fully frosted to the edge...
20190421_132253.jpeg

Back