SMF April 2019 Challenge - Soap Cupcakes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a whole bunch of piping tips on the way...still struggling with design ideas. Maybe this weekend I can experiment some!! I was hoping to get some piping practice today, but my package is late :(

I plan to practice piping on Thursday. Today is dedicated to looking at photos & videos for design & technique inspiration. I looked for piping tips, but can't find any. I don't like cake, so it's not something I would use for baking. But I did think I may have bought some in the past, however since I can't find any, I'll go out to F&F & get some later today or tomorrow. No, I just ordered some from Amazon as I had to order a couple of other things anyway. They should arrive on Thursday.

I plan to practice piping on Thursday. Today is dedicated to looking at photos & videos for design & technique inspiration. I looked for piping tips, but can't find any. I don't like cake, so it's not something I would use for baking. But I did think I may have bought some in the past, however since I can't find any, I'll go out to F&F & get some later today or tomorrow. No, I just ordered some from Amazon as I had to order a couple of other things anyway. They should arrive on Thursday.
Walmart has them in the baking section, but yeah, all the ones I have I've gotten from Amazon. They are cheap and come with the bags (usually, I always need more than they send though)

Question? The rules states 50 post for entry. Does this refer to 50 threads only or does this include reply’s and comments etc.?

Walmart has them in the baking section, but yeah, all the ones I have I've gotten from Amazon. They are cheap and come with the bags (usually, I always need more than they send though)

I figured I'd use this method suggested here to avoid having to struggle with bag cleaning and to be able to re-use the piping bags. Our little Walmart doesn't have a baking section, but Farm & Fleet does, so if my Amazon order is delayed, I can always go there. Although I don't expect any problems with deliveries this week, it could happen. I actually might go to F&F anyway because I want more sunflower seeds as I am out (my favorite late night snack.)

I figured I'd use this method suggested here to avoid having to struggle with bag cleaning and to be able to re-use the piping bags
Huh, what a simple solution!! I may try that. I usually just end up tossing the bag after squeezing as much of the soap batter out of it as I can.

1. earlene - I bought some silicone cupcake molds sometime back - now to find them so I can give this a try
2. steffamarie - about time I entered a challenge!!
3. Primrose - mmmmmm cupcakes ...
4. Artemis - now I want some real cupcakes... Or at least Choco frosting!
5. Amy78130 - So fun!!!
6. Terri- Going to try to find some time to do this!
7. jcandleattic - I love making cupcakes - Not sure I'll have time since I'm out of the country for a while but will try.
8. Cherrydene Soapy. I have only cupcakes once and they looked like poo but I will have anothergo. Hope I entered properly x
9. Cal43- Never made one but, this is what learning all about

Put the list into one post for easy tracking :)

WELL. My package came about 15 minutes after I posted that it was late! Surprise! So I've piped my first soap roses and flowers and such, now to figure out what I'm going to do. So many possibilities!!

Cool, steffmarie!

I did go to Farm & Fleet, but even though there are many options (about 5) for piping sets, I will put off duplicating that purchase as I do have a set coming on Thursday. But I could have saved a couple of bucks if I had gone there first. Oh, well.

1. earlene - I bought some silicone cupcake molds sometime back - now to find them so I can give this a try
5. Amy78130 - So fun!!!
7. jcandleattic - I love making cupcakes - Not sure I'll have time since I'm out of the country for a while but will try.
8. Cherrydene Soapy. I have only cupcakes once and they looked like poo but I will have another go. Hope I entered properly x
9. Atihcnoc - I've never made cupcakes, but I've always wanted to try it, it would be the first time. :)

5. Amy78130 - So fun!!!
8. Cherrydene Soapy. I have only cupcakes once and they looked like poo but I will have another go. Hope I entered properly x
9. Atihcnoc - I've never made cupcakes, but I've always wanted to try it, it would be the first time. :)

Atihcnoc, hello, you should have copied the last one above which have me Cal43 so the list could be easily tracked that no one would be left out.

Latest posts

Back