SMF April 2018 Challenge - Sous Vide (HP) Soap swirling!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*bump*
A thought....since this was an experiement, lets try to remember to post pictures in a couple months to see if they cure any differently than other methods? I'm thinking specifically of warping ...

I've been showering with a bar from my first batch. It's just under 4 weeks old. It was the batch with sodium lactate and yogurt. The soap is lathering nicely -- no complaints. But I haven't compared the lather to my other 2 sous vide batches, nor to CP soap made with the same fat blend. I'll get around to that one of these days.

The soap from Batch 1 still yields very, very slightly to firm finger pressure. By saying this, I don't mean I can actually dent the soap; it's just ... springy. The other two batches (Batch 2 w yogurt only and Batch 3 w no SL, no yogurt) have even less spring, but still a tiny bit. By contrast, a CP bar about the same age is rock hard -- utterly no spring at all. All 4 batches were made at 33% lye concentration and the same fat blend.

I am not seeing any swayback tops, warping, or other signs of obvious shrinkage in all of the sous vide batches.

I just packed some from each of my batches for mother’s day. Scents have remained true and there’s no signs of warping or other issues. I’ll try to remember to grab a bar from one of my batches the next time I need a new bar for the shower

Just remember to check mine, no warping at all, no scent issues or unexpected discolor. I had to squeeeeeeze but I do see a bit of a squish factor like DeeAnna said, but nothing that would bother me. I think by the 2 month mark it'll be like my other bars. This may be due to me using my HP recipe which was adjusted for water lost during cook-I could probably reduce the water down a few percents. I'l try that my next round of testing..would save distilled water too!

Latest posts

Back