Smelly things

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly B

Reaction score
I have a lot of fragrance oil. Except for those that are my favorites, most are in 1 or 2 oz sizes. I make CP soap, but don't sell, so I am overrun with soap. I make candles too, but use soy wax and the throw isn't great (if anyone has suggestions on that, feel free to jump in). so I'm looking for a way to enjoy these fragrances other than just opening the bottle and snuffling. :)

Anyway, I was thinking about making something nicely fragrant for various rooms in the house. I have never used aroma beads, smelly jellies, reed diffusers, or any of that stuff. For those who have, which works the best? Any guidance or suggestions?

Thanks!

Air fresheners for cars with these plastic pellet things.... like this https://www.naturesgardencandles.com/mas_assets/media/pdf/ornament.pdf
We had one lady in town who actually quit her FT job to only do this because there's such a demand at a couple of the local car washes that she needed more time to make them to stock there as well as sell them at markets. People are willing to pay a ridiculous price for them (she sells for $10 each!). I feel kind of bad for her because the local bath bomb lady (who's a total hack) saw the kind of money the first lady was making and tried stealing her market from her - very shoddily too, people were complaining to the first lady because they bought from the hack and they weren't the same quality, but were blaming the first lady for making bad product! [excuse the ranty commentary there, I'm bored at work atm]

For the wax, I don't do candles, but I've played with wax melts a bit. I had the same problem with soy in wax melts, I had to really saturate the wax (upwards of 12%) to get a throw and it didn't last long. I switched to the soy/paraffin blend and that's doing a lot better, but I still have to use 8-10% FO depending on the FO. I'm extremely inexperienced with wax, so this is based on the bit of experimenting that I've done. Hopefully one of the better wax experts will chime in for candle experience.

Latest posts

Back