Smell in Lavender Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paslac

Reaction score
I made a batch of CP soap using Lavender EO. I start using the soap after curing for 3mth and smell of lavender is still.

During shower, the lavender smell is there but after washing, there is no more smell of lavender on my skin.

Any advice how to have the lavender smell on the skin after shower ?

Olive 9oz
Coconut 4.5oz
Castor 0.5
Lavender EO : 20ml added at light trace.

I gave one of my buddies a bar of lemon and tea tree and he swears he can smell the lemon afterwards. I have never smelled like my soap afterwards but my wife can smell it. Of course, a womans nose is 4x stronger than a mans. CaraBou is right, enjoy it while you have it.

I believe she's talking about shrink wrap. I've never had a problem retaining scent in my soap using shrink wrap. I sell a lot of soap! Lol where did you hear that shrink wrap leaches the scent?

I have a few fragrances that in certain recipes of my soap do leave a very subtle scent behind, but not for very long and it is very subtle.

If you want to smell like you are perfumed in lavender after your shower you will need to make a lotion, body spray or a perfume from your essential oils. Searching online, this site and others can bring up a wealth of information on making those items.

Lavender is one of my all time favorite scents...I use it in many products.

Latest posts

Back