Smart Soapmaking, Anne L. Watson, 2007

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimW

Reaction score
ISBN: 97809384974240938497421

This is a fantastic book for those who are thinking of making soap, but have yet to do so. An excellent book that removes the mystery from making soap and should give a level of confidence to the aspiring soap maker. I wish I had read this book before attempting ("attempting" being the operative word - LOL) my first batch of soap so many years ago. The book would also be a superb read for early beginners who might find themselves in the information overload stage. The recipes in the book are well explained and easy to understand. Probably not many nuggets here if you're a somewhat experienced beginning or intermediate soap maker. That said, as an intermediate soap maker, even I found one useful nugget that I've never seen written or discussed...

This is a fantastic book for those who are thinking of making soap, but have yet to do so. An excellent book that removes the mystery from making soap and should give a level of confidence to the aspiring soap maker. I wish I had read this book before attempting ("attempting" being the operative word - LOL) my first batch of soap so many years ago. The book would also be a superb read for early beginners who might find themselves in the information overload stage. The recipes in the book are well explained and easy to understand. Probably not many nuggets here if you're a somewhat experienced beginning or intermediate soap maker. That said, as an intermediate soap maker, even I found one useful nugget that I've never seen written or discussed...
I'm glad that book helped you. I don't always suggest soapmaking books but for Anne Watson, I make an exception. All of her books have helped me when I first started, even the lotion making one. I think that particular title would actually help a lot of newbies get their footing.

I have several of her books (ebooks) and devoured them. She takes a lot of the mystery out of soapmaking for the beginner/novice. I read them after I'd been making soap for a couple of years and still learned things. As a matter of fact, I still make one or two of her recipes.

I have several of her books (ebooks) and devoured them. She takes a lot of the mystery out of soapmaking for the beginner/novice. I read them after I'd been making soap for a couple of years and still learned things. As a matter of fact, I still make one or two of her recipes.
Her avocado butter soap was my first soap after making a few tweaks. Still my favorite.

I bought her books when I first got interested in soaping years ago. I found them very useful. I only started to seriously consider making my first soap.

Latest posts

Back