Small Pet rescue needs your vote!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
(I read the rules; didn't see anything that prohibited this type of post, but if I'm mistaken please inform!)

Oxbow small pet food company has a contest; 5 top winners each receive $1000. You can vote daily; from each device in your household! No need at all to sign up for the newsletter, or give any kind of personal information....you just pick the rescue of your choice (they are all deserving!) and vote DAILY. Ends the 23rd.

If you don't have a favorite rescue, we'd very much appreciate if you choose Wee Companions in San Diego, where we adopt our pets from. This also supports the LA Guinea Pig rescue, because being fairly close together, they often help each other out when they have the sources.

Thank you so much!

Here's the link; and remember - no need to sign up for anything!

https://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/n...UwxS2JgaI7K5uOReE3BpQpteZ586BPbTYMcY2YBOkpNrY

Looks like you can only vote for the 8 finalists left. Your GP rescue is not included, so I voted for the south african rescue for bunnies.

Looks like you can only vote for the 8 finalists left. Your GP rescue is not included, so I voted for the south african rescue for bunnies.
It's there... 3rd row down and in the middle. Relle, I honestly don't know how you missed it... it has the most bunnies in the picture! o_O

I think I was looking for a LA Guinea Pig rescue and didn't read the names properly. Sorry, I did look at specific bunny rescue as they get overlooked too.
I can vote again tomorrow, but only 2 days left as voting started on the 9th.

I wish I could buy oxbow pellets cheap here, I pay $14.99 AUD, the average price is $28 for a 2kg bag. The aussie dollar is now 68c against the USD now.

Voted! TBH the Pipsqueakery has the best name, though. I work with a dog rescue, and sometimes we share an event with a local rabbit rescue. I always like talking to them. Dog rescue is hard enough, and dogs are relatively tough, resilient creatures. Rabbits are so delicate!

Revoted and will vote tomorrow as well.

Rabbits are also an animal of prey and hide any problems, so by the time they show symptoms of disease and are taken to a vet, in a lot of cases they are on their last legs, which is sad because a lot of bunny owners need to watch out for very subtle signs they're not well.

Thank you all so very much for taking the time to vote!! They are currently in 5th place, but barely.

Relle, they (and piggies, and rats, and mice) are so good at hiding illness. It makes me want to take them for checkups every couple of months - and honestly exotic vets should offer a quick check service very inexpensively...catch things early when more treatable - patient are saved, and they get business!

I'm going to be a pain about reminding you to vote, hope you don't mind too much! (although for every rescue that wins, someone loses. If I ever one the lottery...1 million of it would be for underfunded rescues of all kinds!)

Back