small fail but it still looks pretty neat

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponomancer

Professional Geek
Reaction score
A friend of mine had a birthday recently, and I told her I would make her some soap however she liked it on her birthday and send it to her when it was cured

It

Did not quite turn out as planned

She wanted oatmeal milk and honey with a blue and pink swirl and apricot freesia scent

I'm pretty sure everyone already knows what happened, I thought I'd soaped cold enough but I didn't, and ended up with some overheating in the middle resulting in a hole through most of the bars and caramelzation through out.

She loves it and thinks the holes add 'character' but man this is not what I'd planned

tumblr_o61nrj72Zj1u516eqo1_500.jpg

Still - those look pretty fabulous and I love the greens and oranges there.

What a lovely friend you have - "adds character" - I agree. Handmade soap should have character :D

I love that swirl, that is gorgeous.

Trouble is the one in the back with the hole in the middle is the soap is going to be soft all the way through and needs to cure out around 5 months or so. If you break one in half you will see what I mean. The hole is quite large with the one in the back, making a large area of very squishy soap.

Still very cool looking! She sure knew exactly what she wanted, didn't she? LOL

Trouble is the one in the back with the hole in the middle is the soap is going to be soft all the way through and needs to cure out around 5 months or so. If you break one in half you will see what I mean. The hole is quite large with the one in the back, making a large area of very squishy soap.

shoot

I know shes got enough soap to tide her over till then because shes my tester at least

It was a large pocket of completely unsaponified oils if it makes any difference? I double checked and made sure there was no zap and after some encouragement from her decided to let them cure out as is

Latest posts

Back