SLSA vs SCI

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmel

Reaction score
Hi Creatives

Is there much difference between SLSA and SCI?

I'm thinking of switching to SCI for my bath bombs and bubble bars, but need to know if there is a huge difference in performance

Hi Creatives

Is there much difference between SLSA and SCI?

I'm thinking of switching to SCI for my bath bombs and bubble bars, but need to know if there is a huge difference in performance
What I would do, if you don't already have some, buy a small amount of SCI and experiment. Wherever you've been getting your SLSa, should also have SCI. Important: you'll want the powder, not the noodles, since for this application the noodles aren't ideal (they don't dissolve in water easily without being abraded, i.e. being rubbed on a wet washcloth/flannel or on wet hair).

You'll want to make one with SLSa, one with SCI, and a few with varying ratios of a mix of both. Keep in mind, the other ingredients in your products will affect its ability to lather, so if you still aren't getting the mountains of foam you're after, you can look into your other ingredients to see what you can tweak to maximize foam.

And as always, as KiwiMoose already brought up, there are maximum limits for every ingredient. Check with the vendor or manufacturer to make sure you aren't exceeding safe limits.

Back