SLSA costs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBandCW

Reaction score
I need to buy more SLSA and the cost seems to have doubled!!!!
Last time I bought it from Chemistry Connection it was close to $5 a lb, now it's around $10 a lb. Yikes!!! :confused:

Does anyone know where to buy for a reasonable price?

Thanks!!

I'll be watching this. I was just looking around and couldn't believe how much it cost. The cheapest I found was $10/lb and I just couldn't buy it.

Yep, they have all upped their prices recently. I think they are in the supply/demand frame of mind. Which stinks. I purchased a bunch in a co-op purchase a couple months ago and stocked up.

I wonder if it may be connected to a botched co-op. There was someone a few months ago that tried to pass off SLS as SLSA and the chemistry connecting had to fix the whole mess/fill a ton of SLSA orders in a short time.

Many people that ordered from that co-op had to pull products and they had to place rush orders. SLS has a different usage rate than SLSA and is more likely to cause irritation (especially at the amounts people were using it at!) After seeing so many issues lately from co-ops Ive become very wary of utilizing them.

I had heard about that fiasco. That co-op happend before the one I joined in from another group. The gal sent the documentation with the SLSA from the supplier. So I feel pretty confident.

Yikes! So it wasn't just me. I'm just gonna buy what I need at the moment and will keep an eye on the websites that sell it. Thanks so much everyone for the input! Have a great week!:)

Latest posts

Back