Slimy bastile soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmin

Reaction score
I decided to try my 4 week cured bastile soaps and it was slimy. I thought it was because the PH was not alright, but I tested it and it was fine. So I decided to rebatch. Reading other post it seems the it needed longer cure due to high amount of olive oil, but how many weeks would they need of curing if I rebatched them. Please help!

You posted this question twice -- it would be best to ask the admins to delete one of these threads.

Curing a rebatched soap takes at least as long or longer than curing the original soap. I'd argue longer even since you add extra liquid to a rebatch and that has to evaporate.

Where did you get the idea that rebatching will get rid of the oleic acid gel (aka slime)? I'm a little puzzled about that.

Obviously I was wrong. I will have just to wait and see what happens after curing.

I don't mean to imply you're wrong. I apologize for creating that impression.

I am honestly curious about the train of thought used to come to this conclusion. Sometimes people are following a tutorial or testing an idea. I was hoping to get more insight into why someone might think rebatching might have this effect.

Latest posts

Back