Slab cutter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one like this, which I can adjust to various heights: link
@earlene So would this cutter work on a slab such as a Milky Way mold?
[/QUOTE]
I think so as long as you turn the slab on it's side to fit within the space. It works on soap from my wooden slab molds as well as from my cardboard ones, so I don't see why it wouldn't work with a Milky Way slab mold, although the only one I have from Milky Way has pre-cut indentations. If the precut indentations are not at the right height in relation to the wire, a lifter can be added under the soap slab to bring it up to the level where the wire would do the cutting. By lifter, I mean something such as a cutting board or layers of carboard cut to size that would create the extra lift to bring the soap up to the wire to cut at the 'pre-cut' indentations,

I recently bought an HDPE version from Bud Hafner on Etsy. He shipped it out the next day, and it arrived in less than a week. I love it because unlike the wood models, this one can be washed off in the sink with the faucet sprayer.

[/QUOTE]
I think so as long as you turn the slab on it's side to fit within the space. It works on soap from my wooden slab molds as well as from my cardboard ones, so I don't see why it wouldn't work with a Milky Way slab mold, although the only one I have from Milky Way has pre-cut indentations. If the precut indentations are not at the right height in relation to the wire, a lifter can be added under the soap slab to bring it up to the level where the wire would do the cutting. By lifter, I mean something such as a cutting board or layers of carboard cut to size that would create the extra lift to bring the soap up to the wire to cut at the 'pre-cut' indentations,
[/QUOTE]
I recently bought an HDPE version from Bud Hafner on Etsy. He shipped it out the next day, and it arrived in less than a week. I love it because unlike the wood models, this one can be washed off in the sink with the faucet sprayer.
Thank you both I’ll take another look at them

Latest posts

Back