Skin Scent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MommaSoap

Reaction score
I put fragrances and eo in my m&p soap and they eo does fine and the scent stays on the skin for awhile. Is there anything I can do or something I can add to the soap to make the scent last on the skin?

Since soap is a wash off product some fragrances can linger a for awhile on the skin. but to have the fragrance last for a longer period of time you would probably need to put it in a lotion or a product like body butter, lotion bar, solid perfume, or in a carrier oil and applied that way. If you don't want to make lotion yourself, many vendors sell unscented lotion base.

Since soap is a wash off product some fragrances can linger a for awhile on the skin. but to have the fragrance last for a longer period of time you would probably need to put it in a lotion or a product like body butter, lotion bar, solid perfume, or in a carrier oil and applied that way. If you don't want to make lotion yourself, many vendors sell unscented lotion base.
Okay cause I was thinking about something like irish spring last a long time but I didn't know if it's because of the chemicals they put in it or was there a scent enhancer I didn't know about

How long is a long time to you? Maybe it was just the EO or fragrance you are using - some will last longer than others.

I never thought about that the eo is fine cause it's tea tree so it's last a long time but the fragrance I used was alot lighter than that may be the issue. Thank you :)

Back