skin safe cinn fo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
ok, i made cin soap one of my first batches, my grandsons dad said he broke out, major red. It was a fake cinn, not eo, anyone else heard of this? i felt bad, it was from nat. gard, i think, that was before i started taking notes.

x

i like cassia leaf essential oil @ .5 ppo from www.libertynatural.com but i'm sure it's available elsewhere.

it smells just like cinnamon, without the irritation. your cinnamon f/o may have had some of the true cinnamon e/o in it.

it's been at least a year since i soaped it, but warm soaping it i don't remember any drama involved. i mixed it 1:1 with some reserved soaping oils and added at thin trace.

i also added a little pink for color.

I was just reading about a fo that had cinn in it and it was not highly recommended for CP or other soaps. They said cinn was a skin irritant for some. Some reviews said it soaped just fine and that they were not bothered. But the company ( either NG or WSP) said because it had bothered some, they were required to state that . If you do use it in soaping, it was a small percentage.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back