Size of cut soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
What size does everyone cut their soaps? I have been looking at molds and they are different in widths and heights. Just wondered if there was a standard size.

I think 4oz is pretty standard. Of coarse I have seen smaller & larger bars.

Martin you ask a great question. I've cut mine to measure 3oz. simply
because thats what I like. 3x2x1

All my TOG Molds provide a length of a bar of 3-3/8" :wink: I like to pour to a depth of 2-1/3" and cut my bars 1-1/8" thick. My cured bars weigh in a minimum 4-1/2 to 5+ ounces each. I like a hefty bar of soap, one you know is in your hand. :)

Paul

I cut mine at 1 1/4". They weigh roughly 6 oz after cure on the average. Like Paul, I like hefty bars, too.

IrishLass

soaps in my main molds are 2.5x3.5x1inch thick and depending on what's in them they cure out between 4.25 and 4.50 oz. each on average.

i have small hands and this size fits me.

When I purchase soap I want mine hefty, I prefer to buy a 5-6oz bar but will buy a 4oz bar if it really catches my interest.

Do you guys make all your soap from the same mold too? I was wondering about this, because I use different molds, but thinking if I should stick to one mold.

I use log molds of various lengths from 5 inches to 15 inches long, all make a bar 3-3/8 inch wide or long. Sometimes I use a slab mold for better defined swirls. I use a divider slab mold and a new slab mold I just am coming out with, a block slab mold that you split the slab into 3 logs, then cut each log into bars. :)

Paul

I started off using a cardboard box (lined of course) Then I got a slab mold and cut bars in a lot of different sizes to experiment. the one I like best is 3x3x1 I haven't gotten any of this size to full cure yet so I don't know exactly how much it will weigh, but it should be four ounces or just a little over. I just put in my request for a custom TOG to accomodate my prefered soap size and shape...I've also been fooling around with the pvc pipe. Eventually I want to try HP clear soaps in the pvc.

Latest posts

Back