Single-use Tiny Lotion Bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I made myself a lip balm today and there was just a tiny bit leftover. I put it in a little embed mold to firm up. It was just the right size to do both hands, but no more.

I have never made a "lotion bar," so I don't know how they behave in storage. Instead of making a bar, could you make a bunch of tiny discs and store them together in a tin? Or would they just stick together and gradually become one bar?

I have a bunch of Lotions Bars sitting in tins in a box that I made with Beeswax, Cocoa and Shea Butters, Arrowroot Powder and various FOs I made them well over a year ago and they are fine. The only reason why they are sitting in a box in my garage is because my daughter decided to be helpful and put them all in tins...without labels. I was able to sort some out, but the rest I would have had to label as "Ambiguous". LOL I keep meaning to melt them down again, but they are fine for home use.

I have a bunch of Lotions Bars sitting in tins in a box that I made with Beeswax, Cocoa and Shea Butters, Arrowroot Powder and various FOs I made them well over a year ago and they are fine.

Yes, but this would be very small ones (small enough to be a single use each) sharing a tin. They would all be on top of each other. Which is why I wondered if they would stick to each other.

Yes, but this would be very small ones (small enough to be a single use each) sharing a tin. They would all be on top of each other. Which is why I wondered if they would stick to each other.

Probably.

I stack 2 bars together in larger tins with nothing between them, and they haven't stuck together. It doesn't even seem to mar the design on the top. If it gets warm enough the texture of the bars gets messed up, and I'm sure then they would stick together. Definitely keep them cool.

Just an update:
I made a little box shape out of parchment paper, melted all my ingredients and poured into it. Once cooled, I cut it into rectangles and placed them in a tin. I don't think they'll hold up very well in the summer, but I need it less then, anyway.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20220218_104139323.jpg
    IMG_20220218_104139323.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20220218_104456712.jpg
    IMG_20220218_104456712.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 12
That's a great idea and I'm glad you posted it. I'm not familiar with the weather on Sol system, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha . My lotion bars are fine in hot and humid Minnesota (on Earth) summers. I also give them to our good friend in Hawai'i (also located on Earth) and he loves using them year-round.

Latest posts

Back