Simply Lard

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anstarx

Reaction score
cover.png

My first ever batch was 40% lard, 40% olive, and 20% coconut, plain water and no additive or fragrance. After soaping for so long (started in mid 2019), I would like to make a new lard batch to honor my origin.

70% lard, 20% rice bran, and 10% olive, with frozen milk for water, and Sun and Sand Type from NG for FO.

Didn't have a video because I've been too busy lately to make subtitles, but after curing for 6 months (made in early August 2021), it was surprisingly more bubbly than I expected, dense and foamy. The scent isn't prominent, but do linger around a bit after washing.

Simple yet beautiful. One of the cases where stearic spots are really decorative.

FWIW, you don't have to apologise for not making a video 🤗. Most people don't film their soapmaking process (more often than not for good reasons, lol 🤪), and they don't apologise either. Take the compliment that you are able to make videos worth showing off. One project every now and then has the privilege to be captured on celluloid.

Love it! I always enjoy your YT videos when you do have time to make them, but will settle for still photos in the meantime. :)

And I agree that high lard soaps seems to do best after a longer-than-normal cure. My very favorite is 75% lard, 20% CO, 5% castor, with powdered GM, sorbitol, and colloidal oats. The lather makes a big change after 3 months, and really settles in around 6 months.

Latest posts

Back