simplified/translate this ingredient list for me? (LUSH SOAP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm a neby to soap making but LUSH LEMSLIP SOAP
is being discontinued and it is the only soap that help get rid of bumps at the back of my arm and on my thigh so I'm planning to make my own

Can u translate the ingredients for me or have any idea of the subtitute or maybe the recipe?

Or maybe anyone know soap recipe that is similar to this one

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! :)

LEMSLIP BUTTERCREAM
DESCRIPTION

Degreasing, oil-removing, gentle and effective citrus cleanser. Lemslip is the biggest bargain of all our buttercream shower soaps, but this is only one of the reasons why it’s a best seller. The other is that sea salt and its antimicrobial lemon, lime and sweet wild orange scent help to clear up spots all over a body that gets a bit oily now and again. Who doesn’t want a nice clear back, front, arms and legs? No one. So who wants to slip a slice of Lemslip all over their bodies? Everyone. 

Quantitative Ingredients

Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil (Brassica napus and Cocos nucifera), Glycerine (Glycerine), Water (Aqua), Fresh Organic Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum), Sodium Stearate (Sodium Stearate), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Perfume (Perfume), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Sodium Hydroxide (Sodium Hydroxide), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Sodium Chloride (Sodium Chloride), EDTA (EDTA), Tetrasodium Etidronate (Tetrasodium Etidronate), *Limonene (*Limonene), Citral (Citral), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides)

I don't think this is easy at all. I can help you with a couple of them, hopefully others will chime in.

http://bigrawblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/ ... s-gel.html

here is how to make irish moss gel. It is a type of sea weed, with many applications.

I have never used it in soap. No idea if it is used with the lye water, or added to the oils? after trace? or how much?

If the ingredients are in order this is weird. Quantitative would seem to mean they are in order though.

It seems they use Canola (rapeseed is the same as Canola) and Coconut as their two main base oil. There is no way of knowing how much of each, but you can take a good guess. Play around with soapcalc and input these two oils. Change the proportions until you get the best properties - or what you want.

these ingredients: EDTA (EDTA), Tetrasodium Etidronate (Tetrasodium Etidronate). Could that be preservatives? since canola is perishable, it would make sense to use a preservative.

On the lemon juice, I wonder how they do that without neutralizing the lye. Maybe just a small amount? Or do they add it after saponification is complete?

Are these CP or HP soaps?

I guess I have more questions than answers!

Those 2 chemicals are chelating agents I believe, and not preservatives.

Maybe you could make a lotion or cream out of the herbal ingredients, which would be more helpful than soap.

Is this a bar soap? Or is it more like a butter bar? Or possibly a cream soap?

If these ingredients are in order then sodium hydroxide is pretty far down the list. There may be a lot of unsaponified oils/butters in this.

I tried to load the Lush site and it won't come up.

Fragola said:
Those 2 chemicals are chelating agents I believe, and not preservatives.
they are chelating agents, which means they also act as anti-oxidants of a sort because they bind the ions which promote oxidation.

also minimize soap scum. same mechanism.

Lush uses a M&P soap base and then adds ingredients.

I don't think we'll be able to duplicate it that accurately.

:D

They are bar soap
And lotion would be a great idea
So can anyone list out the main ingredients and what I will need out for me (for the lotion)
I'm such newbie at this :oops:
Thank you all sooo muchh

Latest posts

Back