Simple white soap, cake soap, and cupcakes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seven

Reaction score
Latest additions: eucalyptus swirls, castile, aloe-poppy

to see my new soaps.. please click herehttp://www.soapmakingforum.com/showpost.php?p=381258&postcount=21http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showpost.php?p=381258&postcount=21

my latest additions..

w6z9kn.jpg

This one is just a simple white soap made with organic goat's milk (milk in oil method). I left it unscented, just add some TD to make the color creamy white

2iw5bv5.jpg

My 1st attempt in making soap cake. Finally got enuff courage to do it last night in the wee hours. All alone in the kitchen, everyone else was asleep.. Perfect soaping time. Scented with love spell type FO, and the strawberry and leaf embeds were made with MP.

I had soooo much fun doing the cake, my mind is already spinning with ideas for the next one.

The cake is to be cut tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see the inside.

2qbt202.jpg

The last one is just a small batch of cupcakes and mini cupcakes. The bottom is MP (scented with vanilla FO), the icing is CP (scented with yuzu, i freakin' love this scent), and the white choco embeds are MP. Oh, and not to forget, glitters!

Thanks for looking..

Last edited:
thanks Judy :)

piping is a lot of fun, i think i am hooked..

Love the cake and cupcakes! I'm jealous every time I see one, I haven't tried to make either yet but its on my soap to do list!

thank you lsg and honeysuds :)

i loovvee cupcake soaps, but dont ask me to make a real, edible one.. i suck on cooking let alone baking

the cake soap is not really a success unfortunately. i learned a lot about the placement of embeds from this one. mine were on the wrong places (2 strawberries = too big, 1 strawberry = too small) :(

oh well, there's always a next one... you live and learn...

keep calm and keep soaping

I've been wanting to make some cupcake soaps, haven't quite worked up the nerve.

Oooooooh! They all look absolutely scrumptious, Seven! Especially that beautiful, creamy and enticing goat's milk soap of yours. It's gorgeous! Gorgeous!!!

Thank you so much guys :) :)

As for the question about melt... The MP base was totally fine and can withstand the heat from the CP piping.

Thank you :)

I guess it depends on size of batch, size/type of mold you're using when combining cp and mp. In the case of my cupcakes and soap cake, i also soaped the frosting at room temp (and i put the lye water in the fridge 1st to make it cooler). The mp embeds survived just fine..

I have not yet tried using mp embeds inside a loaf/log mold.. Maybe that needs another trick, i dunno...

Please cmiiw :)

Last edited:
Seven, so you don't do piping on cakes but you can do such a lovely job with soap???!!! If you can do that with soap I'm sure you are a natural with food too!!! I love your 'simple' soap too. I always make sure that I keep one of my plain jane soaps aside just for a treat for myself before my family & friends can claim it LOL

Kazmi, i suck at cooking let alone baking... Honest to god... It was good that i didnt set the kitchen on fire :(

My bf refused to eat my cooking at all, lol

Plain jane soaps are one of a kind. There's just something pure n delicious about plain white soaps :)

Kazmi, i suck at cooking let alone baking... Honest to god... It was good that i didnt set the kitchen on fire :(

My bf refused to eat my cooking at all, lol :)

I never would have guessed that!!! You've obviously have a talent and it just took soaping to bring it out. My cooking is not so bad but I couldn't even dream of thinking that piping soap is in my future LOL

Back