Simple Sally or Fresh Milk?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve had several friends want to try out my new soapy hobby, but have sensitivities to additives. I promised them I’d get to making a plain soap. This week I finally got there. Trying to decide what to call it. I am deciding between
Simple Sally - because friend named the baby goat on my “logo” Sally and I’ve seen lots of Plain Jane soaps
or
Fresh Milk - because the loaf totally reminded my of a batch of Fresh Milk gelato in the case, and my son liked that name better
It is a GMS…

Thoughts and votes? 🌸

A355B050-3C2E-46FE-A97E-496DDA24EA8B.jpeg

D23C7DCC-4C17-40EA-B90A-C80E64762C3F.jpeg

I like simply sally
Large font: Simple Sally
Smaller font: - with Fresh Milk -

You are wanting to get across "no additives" so I think that Simple Sally get top billing. If it's goat milk, that'd add a lot to label appeal, I'd bold the words goat milk in the ingredients list.

Here's my experience with naming. My friends and family rip off the label, toss it, and forget the name. Then they ask me for that soap, you know that one, it looked kinda like a tree, that black and white one, the one with citrus scent, the one with the swirl, the one that smelled like flowers, etc. Except my most popular, Spring Clean, people ask for that by name.

That is really stunning work! Daddy loves me his swirls -- but I'm also drawn to plain Janes. I can't do a decent top to save my life. It really looks like gellato!

And, don't you have some lotion bars to get going on??

Latest posts

Back