Simple Liquid Soap Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Susie, thank you for your recipe! I want to try it and add some EO for fragrance. When and how can I add it? I need to use emulsifier for the EO?

I add EOs at the end of dilution, when the soap is still quite warm. I can stick a bare finger in it, but I would not be comfortable leaving it there long. I do not use emulsifiers, as I tend to stay away from problematic scents. If you do get separation, you will need an emulsifier. I believe IrishLass uses PS80. I think it is equal parts PS80 to EO, but I could be wrong.

I then add Sodium lactate 1.2 oz, but this is purely optional.

Susie what does the Sodium Lactate do in LS?

You use the PS 80 keep the EO from separating, right?

Got to keep the liquid and the bar soap straight in my head.

Sodium Lactate makes diluting the paste not such a pain in the neck. It makes the paste "softer" for lack of a better (more scientific) definition. I can't quote why it does it, but it makes a HUGE difference, especially if your paste sits a bit and hardens all the way up.

My computer really mess up and I hope that I can't get the pictures of my LS/foarm soap up. They are not in order, but the last one is the paste and then I think the first is the finally.

added water to paste.jpg

mixing.jpg

soap paste.jpg

You are probably going to find whatever that colorant is is going to settle out of that soap. Liquid soap is not quite as friendly to color with CP/HP colorants. However, you can color during dilution with liquid lab or food colorings.

You are probably going to find whatever that colorant is is going to settle out of that soap. Liquid soap is not quite as friendly to color with CP/HP colorants. However, you can color during dilution with liquid lab or food colorings.
yes it did. I used an indigo blue. The soap feels good. It forms great and the form is white. I just won't be doing color again. I was trying to get a video going, haven't figured out how to do that. :-| I see that color is not what I wanted. I love learning, no better way then to put up on this forum. Thanks. I will be doing a GLS next.

Back