"Silver Water" ~man bar~

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's like the Mob, once you are sucked into soap making ... you are IN... thinking about it all the time... finding a way to afford more oils and scents... Constantly researching different colorants...
:p

LOL I'm not a 'made' mobster yet. I see thing all the time and go Hmmmm :think: It really is an addiction.

Umm. What is this Creed type you speak of? The only Creed I am aware of is the creepy guy on The Office and that band that makes my ears hurt!
LOL! Its "Creed type" from Sweetcakes. Also called silver mountain water. Go to their website and look up the description, its really quite nice as a man scent!

CUT THE SOAP!! **pounding fist on table** :p I totally agree... such a tease.... ok, and what is a tiger swirl??
This is a tiger/zebra swirl on one of my other soaps...

P2150004.jpg

This is a tiger/zebra swirl on one of my other soaps...

Oh is there a tutorial somewhere on this?

All my swirling so far has been me just doing it.. No formula.. Usually just pouring colored soap into the main batch, stirring some, then pouring. Or pouring some colored soap into the mold, alternating with the main batch.

I like the defined look of this tiger stripe. Would love to give it a try.

Oh is there a tutorial somewhere on this?

All my swirling so far has been me just doing it.. No formula.. Usually just pouring colored soap into the main batch, stirring some, then pouring. Or pouring some colored soap into the mold, alternating with the main batch.

I like the defined look of this tiger stripe. Would love to give it a try.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u54NarYiZNY&feature=player_embedded[/ame] :p

I've learned my lesson on cutting too soon. BUT.... TOMORROW!!!!!!! I cant wait either!

me tooo! I just cut into my 2 day old green tea soap and even it could have used another day of sitting. The Silver water loaf has so much design element that I dont even want to risk cutting into it tonight... this waiting business is torture!

Okay, silly question time... How do you know when your soap is ready to unmold and cut? *glances over at his mold and sighs* I know it is a little soon, but wanted to know ;-)

honestly, for me it is experience with a certain recipe. I now use a master recipe for all my soaps unless im making something specific like a facial bar or something. I have learned that this particular recipe likes 2 days at least before cutting. I unmold it the day after pouring and then let it hang out next to the dehumidifier .By the next day it it firm enough to handle and cut.

I have tried this with recipes that have softer oils and found it was too soon. In comparison, my cocoa butter recipe is reay to cut the day after pouring sooo.... thats a hard question to answer :eh:

That is some, AWESOME looking soap!! Swirls are absolutely stunning! You go with those man bars!!

Back