Silk Amino Acids (Liquid Silk) in M&P Soap - for an Auss

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcat

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I hope I am doing this right - asking a specific, country-based question... :?

I have researched liquid silk and feel it will be a great addition to my Melt & Pour soap recipes, however I have been unable to find an online or mail order supplier in Australia of this. I will happily buy from o/seas if necessary, however shipping cost is a factor :lol:

Can any Aussie member here help me out with information? Will be very much appreciated - I will even send you a finished bar of soap for your trouble! :)

Topcat, I have added silk to my first batch of soap just this week. I only do CP, because I am just not artistic enough to do M&P :oops: , but I used 2% of the hydrolised silk powder from ww.escentials.com.au. -
HTH!!

Silk Amino Acids (Liquid Silk) in M&P Soap

Thanks for the information digit & Becky - that is awesome and I will definitely check those suppliers out.

I am so glad I found this wonderful forum - I'm not on my 'pat malone' anymore! :lol:

TC :) xxx

Silk Amino Acids (Liquid Silk) in M&P Soap

When my first batch with silk is made (AND I am happy with it....) I would like to send each of you (digit & Becky) a bar for your help.

When that time comes I will pm you.... :)

Tanya (TC)

AAwwwww, thank you Topcat, you just made my day! :lol: But it may be cost prohibitive, I live on the East coast in the States.

Digit

AAwwwww, thank you Topcat, you just made my day! But it may be cost prohibitive, I live on the East coast in the States.

Digit

It will be worth it digit, to thankyou for your advice :)

I have actually made a CP batch with the silk powder (my 2nd ever!) and it will be ready in around 5 weeks....... :wink:

Tanya

I know this is an old thread but I'm curious on how this turned out! I'm making a batch tonight of MP with Silk! So excited! :)

I know this is an old thread, and may not be relevant anymore. But if you have golden orb spiders in Oz you can use their webs for your silk. It's an almost identical protein to silkworm silk. I just wind it up on my spatula (of course after asking the spider and possibly relocating her), and then stir it into my lye water mix, it dissolves beautifully. Of course if you use a dirty web you'll be left with gunk, but most of those golden orbs like to keep a clean web :)
The soap is just lovely afterwards, and so nice and silky. Plus spidersilk harvested this way is sustainable and no silkworms have to die. Even my vegan customers will buy my spidersilk soaps.

Latest posts

Back