Silicone Tray

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynnw1982

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried the silicone loaf trays you can get off ebay and whether or not they are a good piece of equipment for CP soaps? Your comments would be greatly appreciated as I was thinking about getting one myself. They are so cheap and apparently you don't need to line them although it's probably best to otherwise your soap may stick.

hhhmmmm.... not sure about what this is....

but, I have heard of people using the silicone baking dishes that are out there for making bread, cupcakes, etc.... They work well, but the red ones apparently affect the final color (or some type of issue with the red ones, anyway)...

HTH!

:)

Yes, you can use the silicone loaf trays to make cp soap. Makes a wonderful mold. And you will not have to spray it with anything because you will literally be able to peel it away from the soap.

They do work really well!! But don't use the red ones. :( I've tried multiple times and it always turns the outside of my soap orange... I've never tried the blue ones... but there are pastel Pink *Breast Cancer Awareness* ones in a few wal-marts and they realllllly work super!

Lane said:
They do work really well!! But don't use the red ones. :( I've tried multiple times and it always turns the outside of my soap orange... I've never tried the blue ones... but there are pastel Pink *Breast Cancer Awareness* ones in a few wal-marts and they realllllly work super!

Oh goodness yes! I hate the red ones. The blue loaf pans work perfectly.

I was just wondering something similiar to this myself. I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and saw a package of 2 silicone baking mats. I was wondering to myself if I could somehow line a mold with it. (I just bought an IKEA fira storage thing and was looking for an easy way to line some of the drawers). They weren't cheap though...19.99 for 2...but I was thinking I could cut them up and use them for liners.

I wonder if that would work???

Well this just totally answered the post I was just writing! LOL! I recently bought a red silicone mold and it keeps turning my soap orange-red. Good to know that the blue ones are ok! Thanks to the op for this post, gave me the info that I needed! :D

My Trays have just came this morning. Will try a M&P batch tonight after work and let you know what they're like. Ohhh I don't want to go to work now, it's not fair. I just wanna make soaps

leowife said:
I was just wondering something similiar to this myself. I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and saw a package of 2 silicone baking mats. I was wondering to myself if I could somehow line a mold with it. (I just bought an IKEA fira storage thing and was looking for an easy way to line some of the drawers). They weren't cheap though...19.99 for 2...but I was thinking I could cut them up and use them for liners.

I wonder if that would work???

Yes it works! I have a friend who has done it and it is perfect.

Have tried a M&P soap with my mini loaf mold and it turned out great, a little bent in the middle because the sides bend off the weight but still produced a nice bar

Back