Silicone mold making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marghewitt

Reaction score
Just thought I would share. I had no idea making my own silicone molds for embeds was so easy. I used Soft 107 silicone from MPK Enterprises. It cost me $42 including the shipping for 2 pounds of the stuff. This used about one quarter of it? . . . maybe less. I wanted small round embeds so I used grape tomatoes and did the strawberry just to see what kind of detail it would show. I think it is perfect.

Melt and Pour.jpg

gluing.jpg

Pouring.jpg

waiting.....jpg

grape tomatoes.jpg

popping.jpg

all out.jpg

I love those! I have that silicone and have been wanting to make a mold of something.. I just can't decide on what.

Wow, those turned out awesome. Did you freeze the tomato's and straberry first?

No I did not freeze it first. I did not even wash it. I should have planned a little better and covered more of the berry but I did not know how easy it would be to take it out. It was sooooooooooooo easy.

Are the fruits real and then you poured silicon over them if so that is amazing

Oh, that's a good question! And, do you freeze the soap before removing it? With the one deep narrow silicone mold I have, I needed to do that.

What firmness silicone did you buy? I saw there were a couple options

I used Soft 107 from MPK Enterprises and so far I have only done melt and pour in the molds I have made so no I have not frozen them. When I do regular cold process soap I am sure I will freeze them after cure to remove.

Latest posts

Back