Silicone mlods that do not bow out?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Susie and Jules,
Do you use that 3lb crafters choice mold as a stand alone mold or fitting into the timber surround?

Mine is a stand alone, a bit like narnia's.

1452390959321.jpg

Actually....mine is a knock-off of Crafter's choice, so in appearance, everything is the same, except for the brand name printed. In performance....mine are flimsy.

Hi Penelopejane! Can you please direct me to where this was stated? I have not heard this before, and if it's happening I definitely need to let our carpenter know!

Hi
Ariane Asenauld was using a nurture mold and had to clip the sides. But they might have been old stock as the new Nurture ones on the website look much thicker and sturdier.
It was actually to BB website that has reviews that say the liner didn't fit the mold perfectly.
The nurture green molds that fit the wood surrounds have excellent reviews with no complaints about bowing. So sorry I mistakenly gave that link where I did.
Obviously these companies don't source their molds from the same place and that makes a difference.
I think the wood surround with silicone liner are the best mold and I wish I had bought that rather than the BB stand alone silicone mold even though it is reinforced. I've made a support for the top of mine, as shown here and it might save me having to make a wooden support box.

But all this is only for the micro managers (like me) lots of people don't even notice or care about slight imperfections.

Victory!!!

Yay!!!! I won my case!!! I asked eBay to step in, due to seller's lack of response. So, they did. Seller asked for photos so I sent photos on the 11th, but never heard from her, so I asked eBay to step in today and they decided in my favor!! They will refund the full amount!!

Ebay even gave me a mailing label, so that I won't have to pay return shipping!! They are really awesome to work with!! That gives me more confidence about shopping on eBay!! This is the first time I ever had to do this....I have always been happy with my eBay purchases till now.

The moral of the story here....don't give up if a seller on eBay does not respond to your return request. If you have a legitimate complaint, eBay will make it good!! Even though this seller stated on the item page that she did not take returns! I was really impressed with eBay in this case!! :mrgreen:

Thanks for letting us know the outcome. I've never had a problem with anything that I've bought on Ebay, but I've always wondered how it would go if I did. This is good info!

As a seller I've had to use the eBay resolution services. It's the best way (ony way) to resolve an issue with for instance a non-paying winning bidder without opening yourself up to negative feedback. I do know sellers that have lost their "case", but on the whole having an impartial mediator is very nice.

Latest posts

Back