Silica Gel?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
OK, when I order a supply, I order in bulk. I generally buy a years worth. The problem with that is, when I run out a tear later & return to my supplier:

A) They have gone out of buisness
B) The discoed the item months ago
C) They jacked up the price

I have run out of silica gel, the last time I stocked up on silica gel it was 4-5 dollars a pound, now it $9.00!

Does anyone have a source that is reasonable & ships quick?

I have a wholesale order staring breathing down my neck & need it quick. I will probably oredr from ToDieFor, but their shipping on 1 pound is $10.00-ouch, they are just 2 hours away.

No, silica gel is a powder you add to oil to turn it into a gel. I use it to gel my oils so my scrubs don't seperate.

I bit the bullet & bought 5# from ToDieFor. With shipping it was $48.00 Ouch!

5# will make (80) 4oz scrubs for me which means I am spending .60cents on silica for 1 scub. That is too high!

Tabitha said:
I bit the bullet & bought 5# from ToDieFor. With shipping it was $48.00 Ouch!

5# will make (80) 4oz scrubs for me which means I am spending .60cents on silica for 1 scub. That is too high!

Wow; that's pricey!
I didn't realize it went up so much.

Irena

Everything has realy gone up this past year. I am going to have to raise all of my prices but am going to try & hold out untill Jan 1st. I am going tot start athread about possible price increases & see what others do/think about it.

Tabitha said:
Everything has realy gone up this past year. I am going to have to raise all of my prices but am going to try & hold out untill Jan 1st. I am going tot start athread about possible price increases & see what others do/think about it.

That's so true. I'm contemplating raising my prices before the holidays.

Irena

Back