Sides and bottom of soap turned orange! Why?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update. I scrubbed out the mold again and did a new color. The sides and bottom did turn out a wee bit orange. Could oils or butters linger even after a good scrubbing? So crazy.

UPDATE: First, I wanted to thank everyone that tried to help out with the orange sides issue. I don't know what caused the issue but I have now used that mold to make 5 more soaps and the orange has gone away. My best guess is that the mold still had a bit of old melt and pour soap residue in it from my daughters soap making project. She made lemons with a citrus scent. Not sure why that would do it but it is my best guess.

I am experiencing the same “orange” problem. I am now wondering if the room temp could have something to do w this. I used the same molds, same M&P fo’s, additives, etc, for a few years, and now (in Jan) this happening to me as well. My molds were wonderful and expensive. Strange thing - the last 2 days the orange is slowly dissipating throughout the rest of the soap bars. I’m hoping the orange color will disappear but would like to understand what is going on. The soap seems fine but looks weird. I soap in my basement area where I have a small kitchen, my privacy, a T V and it is colder than the rest of the house, except for a gas fireplace. I’m not trying to hijack this thread, but looking for answers and offering up my experience as well.
Hoping to help out other soapers as well!!

UPDATE: First, I wanted to thank everyone that tried to help out with the orange sides issue. I don't know what caused the issue but I have now used that mold to make 5 more soaps and the orange has gone away. My best guess is that the mold still had a bit of old melt and pour soap residue in it from my daughters soap making project. She made lemons with a citrus scent. Not sure why that would do it but it is my best guess.
Hello! I just read your last post bf I wrote about my orange soap problem.
I’m glad you solved your problem but idt this is the answer to mine problem.
Thnx!

Back