Shrink Wrapping Small Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning all! I have a question regarding shrink wrapping smaller (and non-oval/square) soaps. I am having difficulty with heat sealing close to the small soap, resulting in excess shrink wrap and looking unsightly when shrinking.

I am testing a loose seal as close as I can to the soap I can and not shrinking the bags. My concerns are that the M&P soaps will start sweating as not being airtight and shrunken. Was wondering if there are any ways about this for for more aesthetic wrapping/packing for smaller and different shaped soaps? n.b I am using a low sweat base also! Many thanks everyone! <3 <3

Are you using shrink wrap bags? I found the 4x6 good for small soaps if I put the soap in horizontally. Though a lot of excess shrink wrap is created this way. I had planned to use that for lip balms but did not.

Yes, I am using shrink wrap and do have a 4x6 :) I am trying again and it is working better though! Thank you! :D The only issue is there's not enough slack in the top to fit in the curves of the soap, therefore breaking the shrink wrap. Will continue practising though, this is probably the better option, thank you very much.

What's the shape of your bars? For my cupcake soaps I put the tops of the cupcake on a non seamless edge and bring the other edges under and seal them so that the seam is on the bottom of the soap. Then pop it with the heat gun on the bottom first then the top and sides.

What's the shape of your bars? For my cupcake soaps I put the tops of the cupcake on a non seamless edge and bring the other edges under and seal them so that the seam is on the bottom of the soap. Then pop it with the heat gun on the bottom first then the top and sides.

I am attempting to shrink wrap Gummy Bears and VERY mini Heart shapes. It's very hard to get a neat seal as the hearts are so small, and the Bears are very curved at odd angles at the front.
Thank you for sharing your tips, I'm trying to visualise your technique! :)

Back