shrink wrap ~ what is your heat source

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

For those of you who use shrink wrap for your products, what do you use to shrink it? A regular blow dryer or something else.

I did a test on one bar and used my blow dryer, and while it did work, I had to get so close to the soap with the end of the blow dryer to get it to work, and it also took a long time. So i'll either have to get a new blow dryer or figure something else out.

Several years ago I thought I might try scrap booking but didn't get into it. So I sold most of my supplies. But I still have the embossing heat gun. I had to dig though stuff in my garage from items unsold at my garage sale. LOL I only used it a few times for embossing and I bought it new. But I still have this heat gun. I haven't used it yet for shrink wrap on soap, so do you think it would work for soap instead of a regular blow dryer?

I bought my heat gun at Home Depot. I works very quick & very well. I do have to be careful not to melt the plastic or the M&P soap bars though.

I have a heat gun and an embossing gun that I bought for about $20 at Michaels.

I use a heat gun I bought 2 years ago at Wal-Mart for this propose. I wish I had one with at least 2 heat settings though. I use the 100 ga. heat shrink wrap tubing. :)

My blow dryer is a professional one since my hair is very kinky curly lol so it blows super hot! I usually have to cover my fingers so I don't get burned. I've wrapped my rebatch and mp soap with no problem

Latest posts

Back