Shower Gel Loses Bubble

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My shower formula is wonderful. How ever I‘m trying to add aloe, jojoba and EOs. When doing this I loose my bubbles. How do I restore the bubbles?
The viscous is still thick?

Are you using a premade base or a formula?
If using a premade base, they typically have a load value for additives.

If your own (or someone else's) formula, you may need to reformulate.

It’s my own formula.

Ingredients- distilled water, cocamidopropyl betaine, coco glucoside, Decal glycoside, natural silk, glycerin, xanthan gum, optiphen plus, black cumin seed oil as vitamin E
when I add aloe Vera and jojoba oil at a low % as I am experimenting, I loose the foam.

Okay, have you experimented with just one addition at a time? If so, which one affects the lather more -- the aloe or the jojoba? That will help you dial in on the ingredient(s) that are degrading the lather.

And when you say a "low %" what specifically do you mean by "low"? What are the actual percentages?

No I have not. I should have known that... LOL! I will. Thank you!
The Aloe I added at 3.8% & Jojoba 7.4% To 2oz shower gel. I will try adding one at a time and at a lower %?
I will reply with my results.
Thank you so much!

The cumin seed oil should also be included in the total fats in the formulation.

What you call low percentage is not what I call a low percentage. Your adding cumin seed oil and jojoba as well as aloe. Those are all going to cut down lather no matter how you look at it. Try using dish soap or hand soap and add a bunch of oils to it see how it works. You're adding over 10% in additives, mostly oil.

What you call low percentage is not what I call a low percentage. Your adding cumin seed oil and jojoba as well as aloe. Those are all going to cut down lather no matter how you look at it. Try using dish soap or hand soap and add a bunch of oils to it see how it works. You're adding over 10% in additives, mostly oil.

I took 2 oz from the base to experiment with, and yes the % of aloe and jojoba is a higher % then I realized. I did not calculate by % when I added. When adding by 1/2tsps didn’t seem like that much. I realize that now.
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back