Show your January 2016 Soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week, I made a lemongrass and turmeric hot process (no picture). Made a (CP) double batch of orange and fennel yesterday. Trying to stay motivated this month! ImageUploadedBySoap Making1452117845.085252.jpg

Soap with Fremont Dark Star beer for water (boiled to syrup) and sandalwood FO + cedarwood EO. I didn't like the extreme ash or how I did the top, so I guillotined it off at a slant. I also wish there weren't stearic spots. Pretty frustrated with my palm oil right now.
STQDTvC.jpg

My New Year castile with aloe for water. OO was a strong infusion of chamomile, comfrey, and calendula. Lightly scented with Rosemary + Pepper FO.
kYBG4wS.jpg

Lard soap consistency is so nice. This one is scented with lime EO. Mixed a couple of micas to get the pastel green.
H2M8DBD.jpg

My poor rose soap has a partial gel. On the end pieces where it didn't show gel it is just creamy ivory! Gah. But the red violet mica turned out really vibrant which I like.
Uy06Vsa.jpg

I've been busy this month! The purple and green is a lavender, rosemary and peppermint. The yellow and purple bars are lemon and lavender. The Grey bar is scented with intuition for men by WSP, the cream, pink and yellow bar is a combination of jasmine from mad oils, and sensual amber by WSP. (it riced and had horrid acceleration.. I'll soap colder next time I use either of them) and the green, orange and gold is apple mango tango by WSP! I love looking at all of your soaps!:)

DSC_0373.jpg

1452036380256.jpg

1452036152119.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

I've been busy this month! The purple and green is a lavender, rosemary and peppermint. The yellow and purple bars are lemon and lavender. The Grey bar is scented with intuition for men by WSP, the cream, pink and yellow bar is a combination of jasmine from mad oils, and sensual amber by WSP. (it riced and had horrid acceleration.. I'll soap colder next time I use either of them) and the green, orange and gold is apple mango tango by WSP! I love looking at all of your soaps!:)
Lovely! I have apple mango tango from WSP on my shelf but I am not a fan OOB. How does it soap up?

Bb fo

Not a great picture, but here's a new coffee soap. I used BBs Espresso FO and it smells great! Sorry for the bad picture. If you notice the "1" on the paper I'm tracking how much it discolors over time.

BB's Espresso FO is awesome! Your soaps look lovely :)

Not a great picture, but here's a new coffee soap. I used BBs Espresso FO and it smells great!

That is such a great FO. I blended it 3:1 with their Turkish Mocha - it's my husband's fave.

A friend of mine is a Taurus and she loves lavender, so I decided to make some lavender soap for her. Although most of the fragrance came from essential oils, I had a smidgen (3ml) of local lavender fragrance oil left. My my, didn't my soap seize! But I shoved that wire coat hanger down into it anyway! LOL What a surprise when I cut it and it resembled a butterfly. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

I am now reserving my locally-sourced oils for MP and using American imported oils for CP. Fewer headaches all around. That pollen-looking stuff on top is gold mica; it looks better in person.

lavender-soap.jpg

Posted this in the wrong place yeasterday, so adding it in here instead.

HP soap from yesterday morning. I decided to call it Ginger Kick. Embeds are CP embeds I made a while back, just squeezed them into the rapidly hardening HP surface.

For scent I used a lemon-and-ginger oil, which is made from lemon essential oil (not folded), some fine lemonzest from 1 lemon, and fresh, ground up ginger.

The mix was blended last week, so it smelled absolutely lovely after letting it sit.
Fresh ginger + lemonzest separated in the jar and settled on the bottom. That made it easy to use a syringe and suck up the lemon oil on top. The ginger had left the lemon smelling of spicy ginger, it was delish.
I used the ginger-juice beneath the oil as a part of my water, after squeezing the living daylight out of the mix with a cheesecloth, as I didn`t want the fibre to be in the soap (will try that next time, just to see how it feels. Anyone tried it btw??)

The scent of the soap is fresh, soft and spicy. Really, really pleased, will use that combo again for sure. The soap lathers like crazy, I am loving lard more and more!!<3
Well see how the scent lingers after 8 weeks, as I feel 4-6 weeks on HP isn`t enough.
I used a mix of lard, coconut and castor (80/15/5)

lemon_ginger1.jpg

Lemon_ginger2.jpg

I don't make many FO soaps but had fun with a few last week. Simple in-the-pot swirls, individual molds from BB. Soleseife, weighing over 5 oz. each.

Clockwise: My favorite EO blend of dalmation sage, lime, cedarwood and patchouli, Cornflower Blue Flare mica from Nurture. Apple Orchard from NG. Belle Morte from DayStar. Deadly Weapon from NG.

JanSoaps.jpg

MySoapyHeart, I can smell your soap from here! :) I've used blended ginger and kept the fiber in my soap a couple times. It's not scratchy; it stays soft and is minimal enough that it doesn't get stuck in drains. It might save you some trouble to just keep it in. :)

I used the ginger-juice beneath the oil as a part of my water, after squeezing the living daylight out of the mix with a cheesecloth, as I didn`t want the fibre to be in the soap (will try that next time, just to see how it feels. Anyone tried it btw??)

Last week, I made a double batch of tomato soap (with tomato purée I froze this fall after acquiring fresh tomatoes from a local farm).

Yesterday, I made a double batch of salt bars with tangerine and lemon EOs. I swirled salt bars for the first time, using a bit of paprika-infused oil for the orange half. (Pictured.)ImageUploadedBySoap Making1452709487.576671.jpg

MySoapyHeart, I can smell your soap from here! :) I've used blended ginger and kept the fiber in my soap a couple times. It's not scratchy; it stays soft and is minimal enough that it doesn't get stuck in drains. It might save you some trouble to just keep it in. :)

That sounds great, then I want to try that next time! Thanks for the info, apreciated:)

I don't make many FO soaps but had fun with a few last week. Simple in-the-pot swirls, individual molds from BB. Soleseife, weighing over 5 oz. each.

Clockwise: My favorite EO blend of dalmation sage, lime, cedarwood and patchouli, Cornflower Blue Flare mica from Nurture. Apple Orchard from NG. Belle Morte from DayStar. Deadly Weapon from NG.

They all look lovly paillo. I love your stamping on them too:)

I love my stamp, it was made by a wonderfully creative woman who was on this forum and allowed me to be a 'tester' for her new stamps :)

Posted this in the wrong place yeasterday, so adding it in here instead.

HP soap from yesterday morning. I decided to call it Ginger Kick. Embeds are CP embeds I made a while back, just squeezed them into the rapidly hardening HP surface.

For scent I used a lemon-and-ginger oil, which is made from lemon essential oil (not folded), some fine lemonzest from 1 lemon, and fresh, ground up ginger.

The mix was blended last week, so it smelled absolutely lovely after letting it sit.
Fresh ginger + lemonzest separated in the jar and settled on the bottom. That made it easy to use a syringe and suck up the lemon oil on top. The ginger had left the lemon smelling of spicy ginger, it was delish.

The scent of the soap is fresh, soft and spicy. Really, really pleased, will use that combo again for sure. The soap lathers like crazy, I am loving lard more and more!!<3
Well see how the scent lingers after 8 weeks, as I feel 4-6 weeks on HP isn`t enough.
I used a mix of lard, coconut and castor (80/15/5)

Love these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back