Show your January 2016 Soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh & here are the smaller individual molds un-molded.
12644867_10156515540570646_6830789370794362928_n.jpg

Playing with natural colorants and I see I should have done infusions. I finally tried the nag champa that I have been avoiding. I really wish I liked it, but I don't.

20160130_192650-1.jpg

Those are beautiful! If they are the nag champa I think its a beautiful pairing. Here.... Let me give you my address for that soap you don't like... Haha! I feel your pain, I'm not a fan of lavender but people keep wanting it (and in a salt bar the eo is really nice to my face).

Those are beautiful! If they are the nag champa I think its a beautiful pairing. Here.... Let me give you my address for that soap you don't like... Haha! I feel your pain, I'm not a fan of lavender but people keep wanting it (and in a salt bar the eo is really nice to my face).

Yeah, that's nag champa, I've had the bottle forever and finally tried at about 50%. I'm sitting here looking at it thinking I will learn to love it. (all new soaps I make sit on the dining room table so I can look at them :) I can't help myself.
And thanks, I appreciate the kind words.

Yeah, that's nag champa, I've had the bottle forever and finally tried at about 50%. I'm sitting here looking at it thinking I will learn to love it. (all new soaps I make sit on the dining room table so I can look at them :) I can't help myself.

And thanks, I appreciate the kind words.

[emoji2][emoji2]
I sniff my soaps while watching tv (trying to work out if I like the various scents.) My dh, of course, thinks I am crazy.

I bought BB champagne - it smells like ginger ale. I try and convince myself it's lovely because hey it's champagne and all the reviews say it's great but I just don't like it that much. Maybe with a little orange...

Love your soaps - very original!

Last edited:
[emoji2][emoji2]
I bought BB champagne - it smells like ginger ale. I try and convince myself it's lovely because hey it's champagne and all the reviews say it's great but I just don't like it that much. Maybe with a little orange...

I just mixed that champagne with BB orange peel and really like the result, I call it Mimosa. I've also blended it with crisp anjou pear which I keep a healthy supply of on hand cause all my friends love that one.

I've also blended it with lime with success and most recently with strawberry, which the fruity note faded a lot but still smells nice.

I had bottles full of different colors to do a complex (in my head) ebru flower top and they all thickened so much I couldn't use them except for this grey (that was supposed to be black).

Gorgeous! I love the raised texture of your gray hearts. Seriously, I would buy that bar. (and I have 100s of bars in my house!)

This is my first soap of the year in my new tall skinny mould. I am trying to finish some annatto-infused oil so I am making a lot of yellow soaps at the moment!

Just make some Easter soaps! Lots of yellow there! ;)

I've been busy. Here's my January soaps. 2 tries at a rectangular rim soap. The first rim is my 4 Leaf Clover soap. The black and peachy-red one is charcoal pomegranate, the black and white is chocolate lovers, the ones with the Love toppers is my standard Calendula. (I just wanted it to be a little different than just calendula petals!) The pastel one is supposed to be an easter basket with a few eggs hidden here and there! Thoughts?

4LeafCloverRimSoap (20).jpg

CalendulaLove (1).jpg

ChocolateLovers (5).jpg

100_2533.jpg

100_2551.jpg

Gorgeous! I love the raised texture of your gray hearts. Seriously, I would buy that bar. (and I have 100s of bars in my house!)
Wow. Thank you, that means a lot! Seriously, if I was 100% confident in my soap recipes I'd send you one free. :) hopefully someday.

Marla - they're all beautiful but I especially love the rimmed soap and the chocolate hearts!

Won't you join us in the February spin challenge? That goes to everyone who posted here!

So many great January soaps, makes me sad to see the month close. Even though I crave the coming of spring!

I live on St. Croix, one of the U.S. Virgin Islands. Every Caribbean island is wonderfully different, but St. Croix is the only one that has "chaney" -- small, water-tumbled pieces of china, porcelain, and other crockery, taken from the sugar plantations, that were smashed during the slave revolt here and tossed into the ocean. Chaney can be found on most beaches on St. Croix and was used originally as play money by the kids ("china" + "money" = "chaney"), but is now a featured part of the gorgeous handmade jewelry trade here. This soap is a soleseife, 2" in diameter, made by the request of the owners of a chaney jewelry shop in Christiansted. I was hoping to evoke the delicacy and color of pieces of chaney.

Feb 3 2016 006.jpg

Feb 3 2016 024.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back