Show your January 2016 Soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinky swirls in honor of Valentine's Day or Ystävänpäivä which is what it's called here. I actually kind of prefer the Finnish concept which is "friendship day", a day when you show love and kindness to your dear friends. Anyway, it put me in a pink swirly mood which is kind of fun sometimes. I do wish I would have used black instead of brown as my offset color because it looks a bit muddy.
image.jpg

Made a double batch with frankincense and orange EOs using squash beer from a local brewery and fresh (frozen) pumpkin from a local farm. I'll post pictures once I have them cut...they don't look pretty yet. :)

I've been making soap like crazy this month! The top pic is True Lilac with ultramarines and alkanet root powder. I was trying to match the colors of my three lilac bushes from my back yard. One is deep purple, one is lavender, and one is white. BTW, this FO from WSP soaps like a dream and smells just like real lilac.

The second pic is scented with OMG Olive from NG and has calendula on the top that's a little bit difficult to see in the pic. I did a hanger swirl for both.

20160119_093300.jpg

20160119_092818.jpg

The Ginger Pulp

Posted this in the wrong place yeasterday, so adding it in here instead.

HP soap from yesterday morning. I decided to call it Ginger Kick. Embeds are CP embeds I made a while back, just squeezed them into the rapidly hardening HP surface.

For scent I used a lemon-and-ginger oil, which is made from lemon essential oil (not folded), some fine lemonzest from 1 lemon, and fresh, ground up ginger.

The mix was blended last week, so it smelled absolutely lovely after letting it sit.
Fresh ginger + lemonzest separated in the jar and settled on the bottom. That made it easy to use a syringe and suck up the lemon oil on top. The ginger had left the lemon smelling of spicy ginger, it was delish.
I used the ginger-juice beneath the oil as a part of my water, after squeezing the living daylight out of the mix with a cheesecloth, as I didn`t want the fibre to be in the soap (will try that next time, just to see how it feels. Anyone tried it btw??)

The scent of the soap is fresh, soft and spicy. Really, really pleased, will use that combo again for sure. The soap lathers like crazy, I am loving lard more and more!!<3
Well see how the scent lingers after 8 weeks, as I feel 4-6 weeks on HP isn`t enough.
I used a mix of lard, coconut and castor (80/15/5)

I used the pulp in mine :). I'll let you know how it feels mid February.

Black Dog, your beer soap is stunning! I love it and it has a very Oriental, dreamy and floating look to it. Captures the simplicity and elegance of Oriental. Great job! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back