Show off your spatula collection!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaBoBisa

Reaction score
I’ve started trying to count the spatula sets when I watch Tree Marie videos 🤣. I’m less than a (very focused) year and a half into collecting soapmaking spatulas! Here’s my collection so far. 😤
FB89FE26-0FFE-4C4A-A168-BA7CC93EFDC4.jpeg
How many spatulas do you own?

How do you like those baby spatulas?
I love using the handles to swirl. They’re the perfect size and glide over the bottom of the mold. Other than swirling, I use them instead of a chopstick to pour FO down the handle, but I mainly use the baby spatulas to disperse/squash oxides into oils (instead of a palette knife like Tree Marie, bc I can never find my palette knife), then scrape up the dispersed color. So I’ve been using them a lot lately.

My favorite spatula is the second from the bottom, big one with a spoon shape and skinny edges. It gets every last gram of oil. ❤️

Spatulitis… so glad to know the diagnosis! 🤣

I have two: one large, one small, and despite loving their colors (all my tools are different colors for a rainbow theme), everytime I use them I’m reminded that I need to get new ones. The handles are heavy so they always topple over if I put them in a container, they’re not rigid enough so scooping out batter isn’t as efficient as I’d like, the large isn’t long enough to dig out oils without some effort.

But then I wash and put them away and forget all this until the next batch!

I love using the handles to swirl. They’re the perfect size and glide over the bottom of the mold. Other than swirling, I use them instead of a chopstick to pour FO down the handle, but I mainly use the baby spatulas to disperse/squash oxides into oils (instead of a palette knife like Tree Marie, bc I can never find my palette knife), then scrape up the dispersed color. So I’ve been using them a lot lately.

My favorite spatula is the second from the bottom, big one with a spoon shape and skinny edges. It gets every last gram of oil. ❤️

Spatulitis… so glad to know the diagnosis! 🤣
Good to know. I've had them in my cart for a while now. Maybe I'll pull the trigger some day soon.

I could use a slender plastic spatula for my deodorant. I only make one tube every few months and every time I do I think I need to get one. I waste too much because I'm not scraping the container as well as I should.

I have a bunch of random mismatched spatulas because every time I see a solid, smooth faced one I have to get it.

I hate when they stiffener piece on the inside doesn't go all the way to the end so the end of the handle flexes when you're stirring. Drives me nuts! Also, I prefer solid one-piece spatulas with a smooth, flat face. I don't like the spoon type because I can't scrape them off completely.

Because of this thread, y'all had me looking at the sparce selection of spatulas at Dollar Tree today! And I do mean sparce. IMO only one set of 2 that were way out of my reach (like up on the top of the wall where a 7-foot basketball player would have to reach for it to take it down), were suitable for soapmaking.

But no photos from me. I have an abundance of silicone spatulas, many colors like the small blue & yellow ones in KiwiMoose's image and a few of #4, #8 in LisaBoBisa's post. Plus some others. I even have an extremely long-handled one that I have never used (freebie or as-good-as a freebie at a Soaping Conference) because I don't use pots deep enough to warrant a super long-handled spatula.

Latest posts

Back