Show # 2 under my belt!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stace41971

Reaction score
And I have show #3 lined up for next weekend! I have to say, as a hardcore introvert ( I wrote the post about craft shows and introversion) it is difficult making myself go..and I HATE when my husband leaves me a the booth by myself ("No you can't use the bathroom! Someone will come while you're gone!" LOL) but I talk to the people that stop by and even when he's there I am the one doing most of the talking ...which is a change from the first show. I got a lot of feed back about my set up...everyone seemed to love it and people would stop by just to tell me they loved my "branding". I made my goal (the price of the booth, the donation for the silent auction, lunch and gas) plus $100. I dont expect to do as well next weekend, but getting out and gaining confidence will be nice. Now I just need to have enough confidence in myself and my product to do some bigger shows. little steps lol. :) Thank you all for your advice!

10634114_10152882162093708_472539481107599483_o.jpg

Congrats! Very nice booth. Love the natural look - your banner even looks hand-embroidered? The muted color scheme is very appealing - and the splash of color from your burgundy top is perfect :) Plus the height and layout are excellent. Did you/your husband make the risers?

Your booth looks great! I really like your chalk boards and large white sign, and the risers are perfect. Glad to hear that it was easier for you this time!

Congrats! Very nice booth. Love the natural look - your banner even looks hand-embroidered? The muted color scheme is very appealing - and the splash of color from your burgundy top is perfect :) Plus the height and layout are excellent. Did you/your husband make the risers?

I cut every letter out of fabric and sewed it on the banner...same with the tree and every individual leaf. It was quite the process lol. I didn't hand sew it on though, at that point I just wanted to get it done..so the machine it was! :)

My husband did make the risers..out of some rough cut lumber we had lying around the farm. It was also his idea to paint them..and I really like them that color green so Im happy he convinced me :)

I'm so happy for you! It's like anything else, the more you do it, the more comfortable you get. You look gorgeous, you display is beautiful, and your appliqued banner is amazing. What's not to feel confident about? When you feel more comfortable, talk to fellow vendors. We have so much in common. I always like to talk with them about other craft fairs they've done. I ask for recommendations, and always pass along experiences I've had at craft fairs that I've done. People are really appreciative about info like this. You will get to the point after a while, where you'll see vendors you know at other craft fairs, and it's like meeting old friends. I think you will come to love it. Yay for you!!! :clap:

Way to go! As everyone said, your whole setup looks fantastic!

You've already taken the hardest step which is doing it before your introverted self can talk you out of it. Keep at it and you'll feel like a pro in no time :)

congrats on your doing your 2nd show. i've yet to participate in a show as we have no such thing as craft fairs over here, and the fee to enter in a bazaar is pretty steep (something like $500-600 for a 2-3 day show... yeah, not joking!)... how many bars am i suppose to sell? :(

congrats on your doing your 2nd show. i've yet to participate in a show as we have no such thing as craft fairs over here, and the fee to enter in a bazaar is pretty steep (something like $500-600 for a 2-3 day show... yeah, not joking!)... how many bars am i suppose to sell? :(

There are some bigger shows here in the states that are expensive to get into...I was looking at a health and wellness show in Massachusetts that cost anywhere from between $500 and $3000. I thought the same thing...How many bars of soap would I have to sell! Crazy! lol

^^^
exactly! how many soap am i suppose to sell just to cover the entrance fee? i'm currently on my 2nd year of selling and i'm thinking, perhaps i should just go ahead and do it. these shows can give you more exposure, more people know that you exist. i do plan to enter starting next year, not aiming for profit definitely, just part of promoting my brand.

Congratulations! I have to tell you that I love your banner design. The rest of the booth looks great too, but the banner really caught my eye. If I was shopping, I'd stop by!

There are some bigger shows here in the states that are expensive to get into...I was looking at a health and wellness show in Massachusetts that cost anywhere from between $500 and $3000. I thought the same thing...How many bars of soap would I have to sell! Crazy! lol

125 - $4 bars just to pay the fee :thumbdown: --- that's absolutely crazy! Does anyone know anybody who has sold 125 bars in one sitting? Well, Stace the Martha's Vineyard club demands only the finest of the finest and that costs a lot a lot a lot a lot. But who can justify $3000 for a stand? Maybe those prices are intended for larger vendors with large exhibitions? Do some have an option to pay less for a smaller setup?

125 - $4 bars just to pay the fee :thumbdown: --- that's absolutely crazy! Does anyone know anybody who has sold 125 bars in one sitting? Well, Stace the Martha's Vineyard club demands only the finest of the finest and that costs a lot a lot a lot a lot. But who can justify $3000 for a stand? Maybe those prices are intended for larger vendors with large exhibitions? Do some have an option to pay less for a smaller setup?
It costs $595 for a table up against the wall...to display your stuff on. Craziness in my opinion lol

Booth Type Price
Front 10’ x 20’ $ 2595 SOLD OUT
Rear 10’ x 20’ $ 2295 SOLD OUT
10’ x 10’ Corner $ 1295 SOLD OUT
10’ x 10’ $ 1095
8’ x 8’ Corner $ 995
8’ x 8’ $ 895
Table Top $ 595
Non-Profit Table $ 395

It costs $595 for a table up against the wall...to display your stuff on. Craziness in my opinion lol

Booth Type Price
Front 10’ x 20’ $ 2595 SOLD OUT
Rear 10’ x 20’ $ 2295 SOLD OUT
10’ x 10’ Corner $ 1295 SOLD OUT
10’ x 10’ $ 1095
8’ x 8’ Corner $ 995
8’ x 8’ $ 895
Table Top $ 595
Non-Profit Table $ 395

So theoretically you could get the non-profit table for $395 if you didn't sell enough to cover your table fee... :wink:

Latest posts

Back