Shout-out to DeeAnna

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto all the above to infinity and beyond! I kinda sorta have my own DeeAnna book of sorts in the form of a computer file folder filled with links to all of her posts on the forum that have helped me along in my soaping journey. I know Susie has one, too, as she gave me the brilliant idea to keep one in the first place. It sure is handy to have for those times I need to whip one of those links out to help someone on the forum.....which has been often.

Thank you DeeAnna!

IrishLass :)

I have organized me browser bookmarks folders and one is labeled DeeAnna lol

I had whipped out some of those links several times on the day I posted this which is what made me think of posting this lol

I think I am a much better soaper after having read everything, on the site and here in the forum, compared to if I had to sort out info from several different places.

Wel, every bit of thanks you receive, DeeAnna is well deserved. You are generous in sharing your expertise, and you are kind when you have to correct our errors. Everyone on this forum owes you a debt of gratitude. I, too, think you need to put all your soapy stuff together into a book.

I TOTALLY AGREE! I have learned so much from DeeAnna in past few years. The patience, knowledge and kindness - three words that come to my mind regarding DeeAnna. Thank you so much! Please write a book!:)

I'm not always as diplomatic, patient, or kind as I think I should be. And I know I often write in a teacher-ish tone which annoys people sometimes. But I'm glad my contributions overall are helpful for many people most of the time. That's the best outcome I can hope for.

Again, my thanks to you all.

No promises on a book, because I'm not sure I have the patience for that. It's fun to write short-ish articles on various topics that catch my interest. A book needs to be organized and fleshed out enough form a coherent whole, which is a bigger challenge than writing articles. I'll give it some thought, but no one should hold your breath. ;)

Yes! Thanks DeeAna! I dont participate much but I kinda stalk your posts and I always have your website on a tab on my phone for easy reference, so thank you!

I'm not always as diplomatic, patient, or kind as I think I should be. And I know I often write in a teacher-ish tone which annoys people sometimes. But I'm glad my contributions overall are helpful for many people most of the time. That's the best outcome I can hope for.

No promises on a book, because I'm not sure I have the patience for that. It's fun to write short-ish articles on various topics that catch my interest. A book needs to be organized and fleshed out enough form a coherent whole, which is a bigger challenge than writing articles. I'll give it some thought, but no one should hold your breath. ;)

As someone that has to provide teaching and training to others on a semi-regular basis, I greatly appreciate the common sense, clarity, and accuracy you bring to all topics. I know how difficult that can be to achieve.

Agreed. Thanks very much! I've read plenty off her website and her posts here. Well written, informative and bears out in practical application. Also useful for rereading haha

Maybe a book of articles. Perhaps what you write is discussed in some other books, but I haven't come across them yet. You explain things so clearly that we can understand them. Your articles benefit both the new soap maker and the experienced soap maker.

Wholeheartedly agree! DeeAnna approaches all her posts on here with a scientist's precision but a teacher's patience and willingness to explain pretty much anything to anyone.

I remember being nervous to post a question on here but she debunked the myth I was asking about without making me feel silly or dumb for asking.

Many thanks, DeeAnna!

I like your teacher-ish tone, written in short-ish articles on various topics;).
You have helped me through my soaping journey, I have a folder with your name and your articles in my computer as well.
Thank you DeeAnna!

I owe every bar of soap I have ever made to a handful of people on here. DeeAnna being the most prominent. She talks in my sciencey language and explains stuff so even I can wrap my mind around it. I have files and files on thumb drives of her and others explanations. I didn't want to lose them to a change of computer.

Many, many thanks to everyone who took the time to explain soapmaking to me. And to those, including DeeAnna, who experimented and collaborated on stuff with me. It was a really fun learning experience. And soon, I hope, I will be over ankle surgery #2, heart procedures, and cataract surgeries, and back to soaping and such. (I blew out the ankle repair that I had had in 2018, and had to have it repaired.)

Comparing this forum to a bouquet of flowers, you are the drink of water that keeps us alive! Many blessings to you.
Thanks.gif

Wow! I'm so glad I came across this thread. I found the soapy stuff site about a month or so ago and it has been the best source of information I found. Thank you soooo much DeeAnna for all your hard work putting that together!! :winner:

Back