Should I rebatch or leave as is?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This aloe vera soap came out quite lovely except for bubble marks on the sides and titanium dioxide white spots throughout the soap. Should I rebatch or leave as is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 27
It really depends on what your going to do with them. Using them yourself, Selling, giving away to family, giving away to public, etc. They don't look as bad as one of my batches do to an untested scent I could not mix fast enough. So that batch is now for home use :) Here is a photo lol :
20200529_063229.jpg

I personally would not re-batch unless it was not safe.

I really feel like many soapers, especially new ones are too concerned with having perfect soaps all the time.
There is no need for this, soap is a handmade product and it will have imperfections. As long as its a solid bat if safe soap, its good in my book.
I have no issue giving away or even selling imperfect bars though I only sell to family/friends.

It really depends on what your going to do with them. Using them yourself, Selling, giving away to family, giving away to public, etc. They don't look as bad as one of my batches do to an untested scent I could not mix fast enough. So that batch is now for home use :) Here is a photo lol :
View attachment 46456

I personally would not re-batch unless it was not safe.
It’s pretty looks like a pattern

I really feel like many soapers, especially new ones are too concerned with having perfect soaps all the time.
There is no need for this, soap is a handmade product and it will have imperfections. As long as its a solid bat if safe soap, its good in my book.
I have no issue giving away or even selling imperfect bars though I only sell to family/friends.
I actually was making it for a friend as a present for her birthday she’s obsessed with Aloe Vera soap. Thank you for your reply

Thanks for your feedback. I’ll leave it and probably use the soap planer. It smells so good though.was making it for a friend as a gift

I’m guilty of being a perfectionist/neat freak 😩🤦‍♀️

I, too, would just leave it alone, i.e., refrain from rebatching it.

If you don't want the bubble/moon-crater marks, just use a planer to remove them. I have a silicone mold that gives me unsightly marks such as those, but thankfully they are not deep and can be removed with just one or 2 swipes across my planer, such as is shown this batch below (that was after just one swipe):

IMG_2424CroppedResizedBayberryBubbles640.JPG

IrishLass :)

I, too, would just leave it alone, i.e., refrain from rebatching it.

If you don't want the bubble/moon-crater marks, just use a planer to remove them. I have a silicone mold that gives me unsightly marks such as those, but thankfully they are not deep and can be removed with just one or 2 swipes across my planer, such as is shown this batch below (that was after just one swipe):

View attachment 46476

IrishLass :)
Thank you for your feedback
Appreciate it

Latest posts

Back