Should I give up this batch of Ls?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nanzclaire

Reaction score
Hi all, I am Nanz and I am new to this community! Nice to meet you all here.

I have posted a post earlier today for sharing my experience.

Here is one that is related to Ls.

I have tried my first batch five days ago and I was first happy with the result , until I diluted it and put all my Eos in , then disaster came after I spontaneously decided to add Himalayan pink salt into as an exfoliator. However I was stupid enough not to realise the salt won't hold( thanks for IrishLass pointed out earlier in her reply ) .

Then I decided to add a bit of water to dilute more since there was a huge thick foam on the top , clear middle and the bottom was in gel( I added HEC at 1% out of my 1L for thickening with the water initially , then added into the soap paste, I did blend a lot and frequently!) but it didn't turn out right. It still foamy after I reheated and blended again.

I know almost every soap can be saved. I am here to seek for advice , or maybe I did ruin it?!

Thanks in advance for any kind suggestions or educate me please ;)!

Nanz

Is it still separating into layers or is it a uniform foamy mess? If its not separating and it lathers ok, then I say to use it. If its separating or the lather/performance is bad, then its probably not worth messing with.
Salt can do weird things to soap and it reduces lather unless you use a lot of coconut oil.

Thanks Obsidian !

I guess it has to go! It's still in layers with foam and gel!

I want to know if one can fix the problem of using HEC and gelled up before blending evenly! ? Just want to know for the next time!

How long is the shelf life of liquid soap normally?

I diluted another portion of the same batch, it turns out clear and melted all the way while I was asleep and woke up to this beauty;)! And then I added EO 0.5% and Glycerin 3%! It still stays clear and all melted! I am going to use it for tonight ;)! ( safe to use it right away right ? !)

Happy soaping !!

Latest posts

Back