Short/Mini Immersion (Stick) Blender?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another great gadget for mixing mica colours is a little tool that just arrived from Ebay,need 3 AA batteries but it's great,can also mix up a small amount of herbs. I brought 2 on Ebay for 20.00 NZ but i had to pay tax so a little bit dearer but they were the cheapest.with free shipping and didnt have to wait that long for it to come to me in New Zealand. A supplier in the States was charging 10.99 US (15.00 NZ) but the postage was going to be like 30.00 US (50.00) 65.00 NZ Total, so copied and pasted the description into Ebay and voila heaps came up.
the link to my one is Electric Grinder Herb Tobacco Spice Crusher Muller Cracker Aluminum Metal 5color | eBay Electric Grinder Herb Tobacco Spice Crusher Muller Cracker Aluminum Metal 5color | eBay

Last edited:
perfect immersion blender
Hi Just did a google for best immersion blenders and this list came up. I myself have a Waring Professional and it's fabulous.

The Best Immersion Blenders on Amazon, According to Hyperenthusiastic Reviewers
  • Mueller Ultra-Stick 500 Watt 9-Speed Powerful Immersion Multi-Purpose Hand Blender. ...
  • Bella Immersion Hand Blender With Whisk Attachment. ...
  • KitchenAid Cordless 8-Inch Hand Blender. ...
  • Breville BSB510XL Control Grip Immersion Blender.

look at my reply above.
That's going to be based on using them for cooking. Things like incorporating air is fine for cooking, but makes it frustrating to use for soap. I currently have a KitchenAid and the bell is the worst for making soap because I can't get all the air out before turning it on, so it just seems to make foam most of the time. We would need to see reviews from soap makers only.

Hello,i am a soap maker and air bubbles can be a problem so when i pour my batter into a jug with the oild i give the jug a couple of bangs first--then i mix the batter with the blender stick off and tap the blender again off,when i am ready to turn the blender on i slightly tilt the jug and put the stick blender on the side and turn it on,this i learnt from watching Anne Marie of Bramleberry Soaps,and dont forget to tap your mold with each layer.

That's going to be based on using them for cooking. Things like incorporating air is fine for cooking, but makes it frustrating to use for soap. I currently have a KitchenAid and the bell is the worst for making soap because I can't get all the air out before turning it on, so it just seems to make foam most of the time. We would need to see reviews from soap makers only.
I adore mine, and as long as I burp it (which is fairly easy to do) it doesn't give me bubbles.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07DJLJFG6/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_inactive_ship_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1I also love the trigger mechanism for power/speed, and it has handled my abuse fairly well.
My mom has a KitchenAid for cooking, and my goodness! The air bubbles! I had no idea a burped stick-blender could produce bubbles so badly! You have my deepest sympathies if that's what you have.
ETA: Y'all, this is a thread for mini-blenders, I think we're hijacking. There are quite a few threads for blender recommendations we could be having this discussion in instead.

Last edited:
Hello,i am a soap maker and air bubbles can be a problem so when i pour my batter into a jug with the oild i give the jug a couple of bangs first--then i mix the batter with the blender stick off and tap the blender again off,when i am ready to turn the blender on i slightly tilt the jug and put the stick blender on the side and turn it on,this i learnt from watching Anne Marie of Bramleberry Soaps,and dont forget to tap your mold with each layer.
Mine is shaped in such a way that burping it doesn't get all the air out. I try to get as much out as I can the way you describe, but with this blender it doesn't work.

I adore mine, and as long as I burp it (which is fairly easy to do) it doesn't give me bubbles.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07DJLJFG6/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_inactive_ship_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1I also love the trigger mechanism for power/speed, and it has handled my abuse fairly well.
My mom has a KitchenAid for cooking, and my goodness! The air bubbles! I had no idea a burped stick-blender could produce bubbles so badly! You have my deepest sympathies if that's what you have.
ETA: Y'all, this is a thread for mini-blenders, I think we're hijacking. There are quite a few threads for blender recommendations we could be having this discussion in instead.
That KitchenAid is what I have. My mother bought it because of brand loyalty. She figured if it's KitchenAid, it's good. She decided she was going to make soap as a business, and then bought all her tools and supplies. Then when she realized how much work it is to run a soapmaking business, she gave me all her soap making things. So I didn't get to pick my blender, and she had no idea what to look for in a stick blender intended for soap because she still has never made any soap herself.

Back on topic...
I have some ideas regarding a mini stick blender. I think I could come up with something that would work but I would have to have one custom made, which would be expensive. Basically, it would have blades like a proper shear-type blender (instead of what is basically a propeller on the Norpro mixer), but with a solid bell without the holes a normal stick blender has. The entire thing, bell and all, would rotate so if there were holes in the bell, it would just incorporate air. Or, alternatively, solid flat discs above and below the blades to stop air getting in and to protect the container the mixer is used in. That would restrict the flow of fluids more though. However, a bell that spins with the blades is going to affect the fluid dynamics of the fluid flowing through the blades because the spinning bell will pull the fluid along with it into a spinning motion.

I have given this a lot of thought. I think the reason you don't see tiny stick blenders is because of the way they are made. A regular stick blender has a rotating shaft inside a non-rotating sheath, and it's hard to scale that down because it gets less sturdy the smaller it gets. Not to mention, harder to make, too. I suppose it might be possible to make a bell that attaches separately from the shaft, but I don't know how well that would work. There would have to be a safety mechanism to prevent people using it without the bell.

I am still thinking about it. I like the challenge of coming up with new things to solve problems. I will let everyone know if I come up with something.

This is the only sb I’ve used and it’s been going strong for around 18 months. It has a low and high speed option. I do have to burp it but doesn’t every sb need to be burped? I like the bell because the end is flat. I once tried another sb that had prongs at the end and it was a pain to clean with a spatula (every little smear of soap counts). I do t remember how much it cost but I do recall that it was budget friendly. I made a 3,500 g Castile soap a few weeks ago and it stayed strong the entire time it took to get to trace.
F8BEA395-DF65-4DA7-8D52-2F0DCD7F491F.jpeg

My new frother arrived yesterday. It’s the corded one I linked above that runs on AC. I managed to get the wire frother attachment off and replaced it with the paint mixer type attachment. It’s much more powerful than the battery-powered frothers I have and almost flew out of my hand when I turned it on to mix the first cup of batter for a test batch today. I went up the learning curve and was more in control by cup 5, but there will be bubbles in this soap :rolleyes:

Anyone know if there's such a thing as a short/mini immersion blender? I'm on the hunt for something that looks just like a regular immersion blender, but shorter and with a smaller bell. Ideally something no taller than 8 inches when fully assembled. Does it exist? I have an old mini mixer, similar to the below photo, which was fine until I found the fun of these SMF challenges! Now that I'm regularly mixing small amounts of batter I'm afraid I'll wear through my containers due to the sharpness of the mini-mixer's blade. Can you imagine? What a mess that would be! LOL

TIA!
P.S. not sure if this is the right place to post this...
This one was suggested by Amy of Soap Challenge Club, Lisa of I Dream in Soap and Whitney of Cheeky Goat Soaps also use it. I am about to purchase it for myself. Think I will get one for each type of product I make lol. Amazon.com

This one was suggested by Amy of Soap Challenge Club, Lisa of I Dream in Soap and Whitney of Cheeky Goat Soaps also use it. I am about to purchase it for myself. Think I will get one for each type of product I make lol. Amazon.com
Yes, this is exactly the model I bought, hoping the flat blade would work. I find it still creates bubbles in small amounts of batter...

Yes, this is exactly the model I bought, hoping the flat blade would work. I find it still creates bubbles in small amounts of batter...
Ohhh darn! Well let's hope the other link that was shared with the one from alibaba becomes available retail to purchase and try. Unless someone organizes a group buy lol.

Anyone give this a shot?
https://www.amazon.com/Badger-Air-B...ocphy=9024603&hvtargid=pla-307260208540&psc=1I googled immersion paint mixer and got this in the results. Apparently from the reviews a soaper uses it.

ETA-Eh.... apparently there's a few listings if this thing and it gets some terrible reviews.
I also have the Badger, after someone here recommended it (I don't recall who, but several did). It has served me well for the past 4 years. I have another brand that I keep in my traveling soap bag, that doesn't get as much use, but the Badger has a home on my soapmaking worktable, so is at the ready whenever I make soap.

I just ordered this frother, which has a corded plug/not battery powered. Some of the reviewers wrote that it’s too powerful for frothing milk. I’m hoping that my larger propellor attachment will fit on the shaft, but if not, it comes with one of the disc-like paint mixer type attachments. Will report back!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081SVZV38/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_C2XJQDHXT0X2NYYC5QHX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I’m back to report that this “frother,” with the flat disc attachment it came with, is working extremely well when I’m making batch sizes in the range of 450 to 1000 grams of oils. In fact, I’m using the full size stick blender less and less.

I’m back to report that this “frother,” with the flat disc attachment it came with, is working extremely well when I’m making batch sizes in the range of 450 to 1000 grams of oils. In fact, I’m using the full size stick blender less and less.
I have that one as well. Never even thought to try it on actual batches of soap. I will have to give it a try! Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back