Short/Mini Immersion (Stick) Blender?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the lotion making group in fb, this blender was suggested for lotions of less than 300 g (with the white attachment). However, it is from UK amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Blenders...touLWWE6UHY41Qsr2Q9U5uTQc2RAUCyXddfTAyUba94RI

I was intrigued by this adorable mini blender. I saw that you could order from Amazon UK and have it delivered to the US. You can even pay in USD. I clicked through the process and then clicked "pay in USD" expecting it to show me how much before I confirmed, but instead I actually placed the order! I quickly cancelled it. Whew!! But it was $117.00 USD for this blender. Man I really wish we could get that here!!!

ETA: upon looking at this product and the images I don't actually think it's really mini. 38.5cm is 15 inches but maybe the bell is smaller than a standard stick blender?

Last edited:
I was intrigued by this adorable mini blender. I saw that you could order from Amazon UK and have it delivered to the US. You can even pay in USD. I clicked through the process and then clicked "pay in USD" expecting it to show me how much before I confirmed, but instead I actually placed the order! I quickly cancelled it. Whew!! But it was $117.00 USD for this blender. Man I really wish we could get that here!!!

ETA: upon looking at this product and the images I don't actually think it's really mini. 38.5cm is 15 inches but maybe the bell is smaller than a standard stick blender?
I think it’s a standard size, but the white attachment has a smaller bell. In the group it says for lotions under 300 g use the white attachment and for over 300 g to use the standard attachment.
I was curious about US price, so that’s good to know. It seems cheaper than in ebay (also from UK but it shows you conversion cost up front

I think it’s a standard size, but the white attachment has a smaller bell. In the group it says for lotions under 300 g use the white attachment and for over 300 g to use the standard attachment.
I was curious about US price, so that’s good to know. It seems cheaper than in ebay (also from UK but it shows you conversion cost up front
If the bell is smaller and can fit in my smaller cups to mix colors that would be really nice. I did get a mini frother that is battery operated and it wouldn't mix once batter got past light trace. I had to order one that actually plugs in, those are pretty hard to find. But I'm watching this thread, would love a mini version of my Cuisinart!

Wow, sure wish I'd have seen that one. I paid 10 bucks more for the one I ordered and it will get here tomorrow, when I leave for a weeks vacation haha. I'll try it when I get back and keep this one in mind if it doesn't work out. Thank you!

I wonder if using some type of acrylic/epoxy resin would work to make an overlay on an attachment. So basically, craft our own bell shaped attachment that fits over the flat blade attachment of a mini frother.

I don't know much about acrylic or epoxy resins, but wondering if they could withstand lye and possible high temps (200 degrees) without softening or releasing toxic fumes after cure. Or possibly another medium?

1617205138533.png

I have an Ozeri milk frother that came with an attachment that looks like a propeller on a shaft. They call that attachment a “cocktail mixer”. Here’s the link:

https://ozeri.com/kitchen-accessories/Ozeri-Frother-Stainless-4-Frothing-Attachments/B00BISKPMG
I find that it works better than the frother attachment when I want to mix colorants into batter, but it doesn’t have any where near the power of a stick blender. If I’m patient, I can bring soap to trace and without adding air bubbles, but it doesn’t have the power to mix past that. It seems to be unavailable at this time, but I found this, which looks similar:

Rabbit Cocktail Mixer/Frother
More information: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0039PY3RE/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_MH197TV9HRDE3T672A98

I assume the shaft on the Rabbit mixer is stainless steel and the color of the unit is “chrome” because chrome plating is not food (or soap) safe.

I watched a YT video last night where the person removed the coiled spring from a frother attachment, leaving just a stainless steel ring that he used to mix hobby paint in small jars. I have multiple frother attachments, so I might try it. As far as I’m concerned, frothers = bubbles in my soap.

I would love to get my hands on one of those Bosch mini blenders. I guess it might require a plug adaptor in the US.

I have an Ozeri milk frother that came with an attachment that looks like a propeller on a shaft. They call that attachment a “cocktail mixer”. Here’s the link:

https://ozeri.com/kitchen-accessories/Ozeri-Frother-Stainless-4-Frothing-Attachments/B00BISKPMG
I find that it works better than the frother attachment when I want to mix colorants into batter, but it doesn’t have any where near the power of a stick blender. If I’m patient, I can bring soap to trace and without adding air bubbles, but it doesn’t have the power to mix past that. It seems to be unavailable at this time, but I found this, which looks similar:

Rabbit Cocktail Mixer/Frother
More information: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0039PY3RE/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_MH197TV9HRDE3T672A98

I assume the shaft on the Rabbit mixer is stainless steel and the color of the unit is “chrome” because chrome plating is not food (or soap) safe.

I watched a YT video last night where the person removed the coiled spring from a frother attachment, leaving just a stainless steel ring that he used to mix hobby paint in small jars. I have multiple frother attachments, so I might try it. As far as I’m concerned, frothers = bubbles in my soap.

I would love to get my hands on one of those Bosch mini blenders. I guess it might require a plug adaptor in the US.
I have not seen that kind of attachment (cocktail mixer) before , it looks like it could work if it was not battery operated. (If stronger)

It would be interesting to see if removing the wire diminishes the bubbles on the frother. Another mixer suggested in the group is this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EU-220V-24...-/352885951280?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286
It does not have a coiled wire, but a flat disc instead. Even though it is the kind you plug in, it is not very strong. I had it and didn’t like it, I had the US electric adapter for it, but the main issue was the frother coming off easily while in use.

I have not seen that kind of attachment (cocktail mixer) before , it looks like it could work if it was not battery operated. (If stronger)

It would be interesting to see if removing the wire diminishes the bubbles on the frother. Another mixer suggested in the group is this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EU-220V-24...-/352885951280?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286
It does not have a coiled wire, but a flat disc instead. Even though it is the kind you plug in, it is not very strong. I had it and didn’t like it, I had the US electric adapter for it, but the main issue was the frother coming off easily while in use.
I recently bought a frother just like that thinking perhaps the flat disc might not make so many bubbles, but that flat disc does make bubbles in the soap batter. Enough bubbles that I can't stir them down. :confused:

I don’t have a bubble problem with the propeller mixer as long as the batter is deep enough In the cup. If it’s too shallow, I get a vortex and bubbles. It was trial and error to find the right cup size to batter volume for small portions of batter. For a quick approximation, I usually use a 5 fl oz paper cup for 2-3 oz by wt of batter (max approx. 100 g); 9 fl oz cup for 4-6 oz batter by wt. (max approx. 200 g). Past that I use a plastic cup that holds 14 fl oz and a SB to mix batter portions in the 7-9 oz range (200-250 g). The SB bell has a little clearance from the side of the cup, but not much, and is fully submerged. Any trapped air in the bell can escape if I tip the cup slightly and jiggle the SB around a little bit. I‘ve thought about drilling holes in the top of the bell, but I’m afraid I will screw it up if I try.

For those who like a visual:
A0E5ECAB-56C6-4057-BE3C-65C1C2E9CA8D.jpeg

eta: a little bit of a vortex might be okay, but if it gets down as far as the propeller it will be a problem.

Last edited:
I just ordered this frother, which has a corded plug/not battery powered. Some of the reviewers wrote that it’s too powerful for frothing milk. I’m hoping that my larger propellor attachment will fit on the shaft, but if not, it comes with one of the disc-like paint mixer type attachments. Will report back!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081SVZV38/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_C2XJQDHXT0X2NYYC5QHX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I have that! It works great for mixing small cups of soap batter and color. I have not figured out how to get the frother thingy off to clean it yet, so if you figure it out let me know! I just run it in a cup of soapy water to clean it.

@mommycarlson reviewers also mentioned that it’s difficult to get the attachments off. I guess the fit is tight, which is good and bad. One of the reviewers mentioned using a knife to create some space and then a fork to push it off. I will let you know if I have any luck!

@mommycarlson reviewers also mentioned that it’s difficult to get the attachments off. I guess the fit is tight, which is good and bad. One of the reviewers mentioned using a knife to create some space and then a fork to push it off. I will let you know if I have any luck!
Oh! I didn't see that. Ok, thanks and good luck!

Sadly, I cannot find the product she is referencing. I think it might be a UK/EU Amazon only option or something. If anyone does find a US version, please I beg of you share your source. I am accruing a variety of tiny blenders that I am unhappy with for soap purposes.
I tried looking for it also but ended up with the one people are showing. I just noticed that I got cheated out of the spring looking attachment but I really didn't need it. I have had no real problems with it except my own over mixing of my batter. Overall I am happy with it.

I had the Norpro and didn't like it. Seemed like I couldn't keep the correct amount of pressure on the push tab. Also went through batteries like crazy.

I then tried this one, I liked it but added a bunch of bubbles to the batter. I now use it to premix my colors.

Latest posts

Back