Short/Mini Immersion (Stick) Blender?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimW

Reaction score
Anyone know if there's such a thing as a short/mini immersion blender? I'm on the hunt for something that looks just like a regular immersion blender, but shorter and with a smaller bell. Ideally something no taller than 8 inches when fully assembled. Does it exist? I have an old mini mixer, similar to the below photo, which was fine until I found the fun of these SMF challenges! Now that I'm regularly mixing small amounts of batter I'm afraid I'll wear through my containers due to the sharpness of the mini-mixer's blade. Can you imagine? What a mess that would be! LOL

TIA!
P.S. not sure if this is the right place to post this...

Attachments

• norpro-cordless-mini-mixer-2273.jpg
    norpro-cordless-mini-mixer-2273.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 8
Sadly, I cannot find the product she is referencing. I think it might be a UK/EU Amazon only option or something. If anyone does find a US version, please I beg of you share your source. I am accruing a variety of tiny blenders that I am unhappy with for soap purposes.

Yes - thank you, both. I'm a little obsessed with Lisa's videos right now, and I did see that. It's an electric frappe blender. I did find a US version of what she's using, but it's really just like my battery operated mini-mixer only it's electrical. Very nice, but not the cigar.

If neither of you have seen or heard of what I'm looking for, then it probably doesn't exist. Sadness. Wish I could invent something, but I'd probably end up electrocuting myself in the process!

ETA - it's the mixer blade that's the problem. So, a small machine that looks just like an immersion blender, with a bell that covers the mixing blade, is what I'm after. I'm not steady enough to keep the silly thing away from the sides of containers (and who's trying to do a circling taiwan swirl this month?! 🤣 ).

Last edited:
Yes - thank you, both. I'm a little obsessed with Lisa's videos right now, and I did see that. It's an electric frappe blender. I did find a US version of what she's using, but it's really just like my battery operated mini-mixer only it's electrical. Very nice, but not the cigar.

If neither of you have seen or heard of what I'm looking for, then it probably doesn't exist. Sadness. Wish I could invent something, but I'd probably end up electrocuting myself in the process!

ETA - it's the mixer blade that's the problem. So, a small machine that looks just like an immersion blender, with a bell that covers the mixing blade, is what I'm after. I'm not steady enough to keep the silly thing away from the sides of containers (and who's trying to do a circling taiwan swirl this month?! 🤣 ).
The same one you have is also in my collection, and I have those problems when using it as well.

If you find a tiny bell-shaped stick/immersion blender, let us know!

I have a tiny battery operated frother, that was $7.67 in 2017. The black one is now $8.99:
Bodum Schiuma Battery Operated Milk Frother, 8.5 Inches
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V5VGHU
It works fine in small containers, on thin liquids. It doesn't feel very durable, but I don't use it regularly.

I found this one after watching Lisa at I Dream In Soap on YouTube; by searching Amazon-US on "Greek frappe maker," which was the name of the item Lisa had linked in Amazon-UK store. (https://www.amazon.com/s?k=greek+frappe+maker). It's about 10" assembled and is corded. The frother's box is labelled TOPCOVOS ELECTRIC MILK FROTHER. Amazon-US calls it "Milk Frother Handheld Electric Foam Maker with Dust Proof Turbo For Coffee, Latte, Cappuccino, Hot Chocolate, Durable Drink Mixer With 2 Stainless Steel Whisk, 1 Measuring Tube(Clever Cover)."
It does not have a bell; it has a wavy blade and a coil-type whisk. Currently selling for $15.59. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081SS52XN/
It has pretty good power and I used it on about 12-16 ounce portions of soap batter. It's new, so I cannot speak to its durability.

There are some of the frothers that are plug-in types, not battery powered. I would think they would be more powerful and might work better for soap making.

@KimW - https://www.amazon.com/K-Home-Elect...613154172&sprefix=corded+milk+,aps,226&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Cap...3154383&sprefix=corded+mini+mi,aps,220&sr=8-9
@GemstonePony - Since it's a 'frother', it would do exactly that and the smaller amount you are mixing and the closer to the surface your are mixing, the more air that can be incorporated. A bit of trick I learned from another soap maker, especially when working with TD, is to mix my main batter to what is basically an unstable emulsion and then very quickly separate out what I need. I then do a gentle stir of the separated portion to see if I am getting somewhere around the color I am looking for and then leave it until I am ready for it. While I have a fairly decent recipe that gives me plenty of play time (I have made up to seven different soaps out of a single 14 lb batch), I have noticed that the smaller the container, the thicker my batter can get.

@KimW - https://www.amazon.com/K-Home-Electric-Milk-Frother-Cappuccino/dp/B07D9BYYM6/ref=sr_1_3?crid=OH22CZJCBD68&dchild=1&keywords=corded+milk+frother+handheld&qid=1613154172&sprefix=corded+milk+,aps,226&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Cap...3154383&sprefix=corded+mini+mi,aps,220&sr=8-9
@GemstonePony - Since it's a 'frother', it would do exactly that and the smaller amount you are mixing and the closer to the surface your are mixing, the more air that can be incorporated. A bit of trick I learned from another soap maker, especially when working with TD, is to mix my main batter to what is basically an unstable emulsion and then very quickly separate out what I need. I then do a gentle stir of the separated portion to see if I am getting somewhere around the color I am looking for and then leave it until I am ready for it. While I have a fairly decent recipe that gives me plenty of play time (I have made up to seven different soaps out of a single 14 lb batch), I have noticed that the smaller the container, the thicker my batter can get.
Mostly I want it for tiny batches of soap for embeds or trial batches, which otherwise take forever to emulsify and set up, and IME are more prone to ash as a result.
Being able to separate batter out of a larger batch and move different sections along at different speeds would also be handy.

Yes, as @GemstonePony stated. The issue isn't power. The issue is needing a stick blender, with a blade and bell like a traditional stick blender, that is small enough for mixing small amounts of batter or liquids - in the range of 50-100ml or even less. I have some colorants that must be stick blended to properly disperse, I also need to blend small amounts of soap batter. My mini mixer handles both just fine, but (also as gemstone pointed out) it incorporates too much air into mix. The electric frothers are designed to add air, which they do, but we don't want air in our soap. :)

Today, I looked into lab grade handheld mixers and homogenizers. Looking at videos and reviews, it appears to me that they also work like mini-mixers/electric frothers, in that the stirring head is exposed so a lot of air is incorporated into the mixture.

There must be something out there...I mean, we can put men on the moon! (sorry, flashback)

There must be something out there...I mean, we can put men on the moon! (sorry, flashback)
And just like having men from your country on the moon, it appears you also can have a mini stick-blender it if you're willing to spend a small fortune on technology. 😁
I have found some, distributed by Bake Deco and listed on Amazon as well, but I haven't decided the $300-500+ price tag is worth it to me. I'm going to keep looking to see if someone somewhere has more reasonable prices, but they are a thing that exists.

And just like having men from your country on the moon, it appears you also can have a mini stick-blender it if you're willing to spend a small fortune on technology. 😁
I have found some, distributed by Bake Deco and listed on Amazon as well, but I haven't decided the $300-500+ price tag is worth it to me. I'm going to keep looking to see if someone somewhere has more reasonable prices, but they are a thing that exists.
Right?!! Maybe we could share amongst ten of us! 😄

I have discovered that if the blender is from a restaurant supply place, "mini" to them is regular household stick blender size. Their normal size blenders are industrial monstrosities that have to be held with both hands, or otherwise fit into a stand. So the ones we've all been using are tiny in comparison. Their "mini" blenders are still industrial grade, hence the hefty price tag.

If the ones you found have the dimensions of the bell in the item specifications, and they are really and truly "mini", I'd be interested in taking a look if you don't mind sharing the links. I too have been searching for a miniature blender with a proper bell.

I have discovered that if the blender is from a restaurant supply place, "mini" to them is regular household stick blender size. Their normal size blenders are industrial monstrosities that have to be held with both hands, or otherwise fit into a stand. So the ones we've all been using are tiny in comparison. Their "mini" blenders are still industrial grade, hence the hefty price tag.

If the ones you found have the dimensions of the bell in the item specifications, and they are really and truly "mini", I'd be interested in taking a look if you don't mind sharing the links. I too have been searching for a miniature blender with a proper bell.
I think you might be right. Upon reviewing the items, it looks like the dimensions that I thought were for the whole blender were just for the shaft.

Latest posts

Back