Short Cruise

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will be back next Thursday. My daughter is taking me on a short Ensenada Cruise leaving in a few minutes. This is actually a home school trip for my 6 yr old granddaughter on a Carnival Cruise. Not looking forward to going on a Carnival but daughter upgraded to a Deluxe Suite. Whoo-hoo 320 sq ft stateroom, with a whirlpool bathtub. Pretty big for a short cruise. The problem is now my daughter is having a hard time connecting with the school group because they told her she did not book through the group. My daughter informed them mom would not stay in an inside stateroom and neither would she. Yep, she was right. My favorite cruise line is either the Clipper ships or Celebrity concierge class and daughters is Disney. It will be nice to get away even though Ensenada is not exciting. I used to go there quite often in my own boat, but life changes with retirement, and just being out of the water is good enough these days.

Better than the dumb inside stateroom my sister stuck my mom in when mom paid for all my sister's kids and plane tickets a few months ago. Of course, mom still thinks my sister paid for it. Can you imagine sticking your 93 yr old mom in a wheelchair in an inside stateroom? No me.

Have a great trip, Carolyn! We went on a 4-day Carnival cruise to Ensenada and Catalina Island back in 2006. At the Ensenada stop, we booked a fun shore excursion to Baja to see the Baja/Fox movie studios where we toured the set from the Titanic movie. It was a bit of a long, bumpy bus ride to get there, but the local tour guide who rode with us on the bus was absolutely wonderful and made the ride there quite fun and enjoyable, and it was so cool to see the studio and sets.

IrishLass :)

I'm baaaacccckkkk.... It was great to get out of Dodge and great to be on the water, but would I not do a Carnival Cruise ever again. But having the time with my testy granddaughter and my daughter was nice since my daughter and I have not been on a cruise together in a very long time. Dakota, the 6 yr old, does love to cruise but is a walking hurricane. :eek: Throws tantrums one minute and gives hugs the next. All in all, it was okay. We did have a great backcountry Hummer trip on Catalina which in all my years of going to Catalina I have never done. We did see one Bison and a Catalina fox. That was the highlight of the trip. Ensenada I have roamed around a lot so we did not do much there other than going to the drugstore to get some meds for my daughter.

This is my favorite cruise line. We were onboard the Star Clipper, the smaller of the two ships when the picture was shot for the maiden voyage of the Royal Clipper. For anyone liking smaller more intimate cruises with much fewer people, these are great ships that do actually sail. In fact, we had a short race with the Royal this same trip. Our ship, The Star Clipper, healed enough to run her rail in the water dumping the breakfast buffet on the floor, Silly Captains. They or I was lucky the steamer tray that went down the front of me was only lukewarm at the time. But we won the race!! I am still trying to get my husband to get to agree to a Transatlantic Crossing on the Star. We were able to board The Royal Clipper on her Maiden Voyage for a tour after they were done with the picture taking. While beautiful it definitely is more in line with a cruise ship. Celebrity is my next favorite cruise line.
https://tinyurl.com/qsqvknk

Oh, Carolyn, I can see why you like the Star Clipper. Wow. That looks like fun.

My only problem is I'd have to buy stock in the Dramamine company to survive a trip like that. I'm a lot better than I used to be, but I still get motion sickness. Fed the fishes a few times on scuba dive trips. :oops:

Bummer DeeAnna, I am one of the fortunate people that never get seasick. LOL, I sleep in a freeflow waterbed! I admit when we had our boats, we found more people had motion sickness problems including my youngest daughter than people that did not. My pour youngest would get sick walking down the dock to our boat. It was really sad she just could not enjoy it.

We did two cruises on the Clipper and both were wonderful, one was on my birthday and my hubby won the ship's chart for me. They always auction off the working chart and add artwork to raise money for the crew. The Star Clipper had a resident parrot and he was always drawn on the chart along with other drawings. It was a great $800 B'day present, a good way to remember exactly where the ship visited, plus I love Nautical Charts. Hubby should have not backed off the first cruise auction when the chart went for $5oo, and I was fully irritated. No way would he leave without the second one. :D I was even mad at him that night and did not go down to the auction. he actually hid it until we got into port. :p

Last edited:
Back