Shopify

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really. I tried it for about 6 months in 2015/2016 and at that time I didn't have the customer base to support the monthly fee so I switched to Square (at that time it was different than it is now). I know Shopify is recommended by Modern Soapmaking, although I think Kenna (owner) might be slightly skewed as she says that if she sees a website that is supported by Wix/Weebly/Squarespace/etc she classifies it as junk [my word not hers]. Sorry, not real help, but perhaps the bump up on the forum will help you get an answer. Maybe post something more specific that you are looking for in regards to Shopify.

Anyone here with Shopify experience?
If you find any help let me know lol. I started with the free trial of like 14 days, then they extended it another 16 days for some reason. I cant figure it out. I have made websites in the past and this is a strange one.

somehow i got stuck with a purple background on my banner that for the life of me i cant change. I even tried to edit the html on it to make it white, but that didnt work.

I cant figure out the collections, nor figure out why collections lol.

Dont get me wrong, i am no expert at web design, but i have muddled my way through them in the past, and this just seems too complicated, or at least more complicated than it needs to be.

And dont get me started on the amt of tabs that i end up with while working on it....

I'm still having troubles and I have a Degree in this crap. I'm thinking that I'm just going to pay a company to do all my initial set up and go from there. But it's have to wait for a couple of months.

I'm still having troubles and I have a Degree in this crap. I'm thinking that I'm just going to pay a company to do all my initial set up and go from there. But it's have to wait for a couple of months.

Im using Shopify for my site. It’s all new to me but so far it’s pretty cool. Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll try to answer them as best I can

My question... can you just set it up for me LOL. Just kidding.

lol...my husband did most of it with the help of his nephew. I think if you find someone who understands web design they can get you started. That’s what we did. According to my husband it wasn’t as hard as he originally thought which is why he ended up doing most of it himself.

I have ignored it for like two weeks now...mind you i have had it for two months lol. I am paying for it now, so i guess i gotta figure it out.

its not even all the design part, its figuring out all the other stuff. I put in a bunch of bogus pic and descriptions of products. Some ended up in one collection, some in another. None on the home page. Or maybe one, cant remember. Is frustrating.

If you find any help let me know lol. I started with the free trial of like 14 days, then they extended it another 16 days for some reason. I cant figure it out. I have made websites in the past and this is a strange one.

somehow i got stuck with a purple background on my banner that for the life of me i cant change. I even tried to edit the html on it to make it white, but that didnt work.

I cant figure out the collections, nor figure out why collections lol.

Dont get me wrong, i am no expert at web design, but i have muddled my way through them in the past, and this just seems too complicated, or at least more complicated than it needs to be.

And dont get me started on the amt of tabs that i end up with while working on it....

I’ve done a few collections on my Shopify. And have changed a few things in the design of it. Let me know how can I be of help.
BTW, nice to meet you all!

I’ve done a few collections on my Shopify. And have changed a few things in the design of it. Let me know how can I be of help.
BTW, nice to meet you all!
Nerian, as you are new and this is your first post, please go to the Introduction forum and tell us about yourself, so others get to know you.

Latest posts

Back