Shipping woes (not the usual ones)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know what is going on with shipping. First it started with Bath and Body works. My shipment made it all the way to my fedex, then it got lost. Had to wait for it to be declared "officially lost" by them, but then they sent me another full order and refunded my shipping cost.

Over the past two weeks I have had orders lost by Amazon. I can't complain about the seller, because its Amazon. I will see updates all the way to my local Amazon distributer, then get online to see how many stops until my order comes...then it disappears off the map. My last order yesterday said I was 10 stops away early in the morning, then it disappeared. It was actually on the truck!! I'm on my third refund from Amazon for the same order. I always order from the same seller. I think the thieves are going to be real disappointed that its castor oil LOL.

The only thing I can think of with Amazon is that they just built a new distribution center in the only bad neighborhood in my area. Things are probably just getting stolen right off the truck...and if you remember that the amazon guy stole my debit card from my friends porch over the summer...I know it seems nuts that you would think that your card is ok on the porch, but its not. There is not much crime around here, except that one neighborhood, which isn't even near me, just the new amazon dist center is there. And I'm only guessing this is the problem.

Seriously I had to buy a bunch of little bottles of castor oil from Walgreens because my castor oil keeps getting lost. I don't know where else to get it because I always order it from the same seller on amazon, and I was kinda desperate at the time, so I got the walgreens ones. I order 2 bigger bottles at a time from amazon. I'm on my third order...so that's 6 bottles lost, always in transit.

Ive seen it as well. What Ive also noticed is the amount of hopping packages are doing now. The post office, to reduce THEIR costs, will put your package on 5 different trucks to different locations because it knows the route will eventually get to your area. That has to increase the likelihood of an item getting lost.

I had a package from 50 miles away take 4 days to get to me because they sent it to another state, then back to 2 stops in my state, and finally to my post office.

I'm on my third refund from Amazon for the same order. I always order from the same seller. I think the thieves are going to be real disappointed that its castor oil LOL.

Seriously I had to buy a bunch of little bottles of castor oil from Walgreens because my castor oil keeps getting lost. I don't know where else to get it because I always order it from the same seller on amazon…”

This is where I purchase mine from on Amazon & shipping was SUPER fast.
Home Health Original Castor Oil -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001TJX2Q?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I Had a package from Walmart.. Tracking showed that it had left the warehouse and was at a fed ex a few hours away. then It was stuck there for a couple weeks. then Walmart cancelled the order ???? said it was out of stock!

I know covid has caused a lot of issues but some are certainly ridicilous

I don't know what is going on with shipping. First it started with Bath and Body works. My shipment made it all the way to my fedex, then it got lost. Had to wait for it to be declared "officially lost" by them, but then they sent me another full order and refunded my shipping cost.

Over the past two weeks I have had orders lost by Amazon. I can't complain about the seller, because its Amazon. I will see updates all the way to my local Amazon distributer, then get online to see how many stops until my order comes...then it disappears off the map. My last order yesterday said I was 10 stops away early in the morning, then it disappeared. It was actually on the truck!! I'm on my third refund from Amazon for the same order. I always order from the same seller. I think the thieves are going to be real disappointed that its castor oil LOL.

The only thing I can think of with Amazon is that they just built a new distribution center in the only bad neighborhood in my area. Things are probably just getting stolen right off the truck...and if you remember that the amazon guy stole my debit card from my friends porch over the summer...I know it seems nuts that you would think that your card is ok on the porch, but its not. There is not much crime around here, except that one neighborhood, which isn't even near me, just the new amazon dist center is there. And I'm only guessing this is the problem.

Seriously I had to buy a bunch of little bottles of castor oil from Walgreens because my castor oil keeps getting lost. I don't know where else to get it because I always order it from the same seller on amazon, and I was kinda desperate at the time, so I got the walgreens ones. I order 2 bigger bottles at a time from amazon. I'm on my third order...so that's 6 bottles lost, always in transit.

Right now castor oil is on sale at WSP. I buy it in the 7 lb jugs when on sale. If you add another sample fragrance oil ( some are on sale now) or a couple sample micas you will get free shipping. There is a small handling fee but it is still worth it and it has a long shelf life.
Click on fixed oils in the left column to find it fast.
Current Sale Flyer Promotions - Wholesale Supplies Plus

This is where I purchase mine from on Amazon & shipping was SUPER fast.
Home Health Original Castor Oil -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001TJX2Q?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Its not the seller, its the amazon people/delivery guys, I believe. Shipping is normally fast. I got "next day delivery" on my last couple of orders. It goes out for delivery as promised the next day. It was on the truck to be delivered. I got a text to see where my delivery was on the map "10 stops away" it said. Then gone. I have been re-ordering from the same seller for about 3 years now. Its not them. I usually order when I am super low on castor oil because I know I can usually get it the next day.

Hopefully Amazon realizes that there is something going on with their delivery guys...trying to contact them is impossible.

Its not the seller, its the amazon people/delivery guys, I believe. Shipping is normally fast. I got "next day delivery" on my last couple of orders. It goes out for delivery as promised the next day. It was on the truck to be delivered. I got a text to see where my delivery was on the map "10 stops away" it said. Then gone. I have been re-ordering from the same seller for about 3 years now. Its not them. I usually order when I am super low on castor oil because I know I can usually get it the next day.

Hopefully Amazon realizes that there is something going on with their delivery guys...trying to contact them is impossible.

Yeah.. Amazon has instructions for wholesalers to pack things up and test the packing by dropping the package by 3 feet on each side and corner to make sure the packing is sufficient. Nobody does this I bet.

I very rarely buy from amazon anymore. I drove 45 minutes to get 2 containers of 24 ounces of high oleic safflower oil today because I don't trust amazon anymore. The reviews, the quality, the delivery, everything has crashed and burned since covid started. I rarely buy from ebay either unless they have high ratings and 99% on their recent reviews. I've been buying from Etsy because I haven't had a single problem with them but the 30% price hike on the sellers is seriously bothersome. I've been trying to find more supplies locally. I even bought glassine bags from Hobby Lobby (I hate HL due to their politics) rather than buying them online. I've taken to looking for sellers personal websites if I trust them on etsy so they don't have to deal with the insane charges.

I very rarely buy from amazon anymore. I drove 45 minutes to get 2 containers of 24 ounces of high oleic safflower oil today because I don't trust amazon anymore. The reviews, the quality, the delivery, everything has crashed and burned since covid started. I rarely buy from ebay either unless they have high ratings and 99% on their recent reviews. I've been buying from Etsy because I haven't had a single problem with them but the 30% price hike on the sellers is seriously bothersome. I've been trying to find more supplies locally. I even bought glassine bags from Hobby Lobby (I hate HL due to their politics) rather than buying them online. I've taken to looking for sellers personal websites if I trust them on etsy so they don't have to deal with the insane charges.

I've never really had a problem with Amazon and I've been buying from them over a decade...just got a delivery today I have received a couple of empty packages...one wasn't sealed correctly so I'm guessing the item fell out. The other you could tell that someone had cut the package open. Amazon replaced both items. And I've never had an issue with returns.

I very rarely purchase anything from eBay and then I am very careful about it. Like you I check the reviews carefully. I've bought a few things on Etsy, but it's been several years.

I try not to allow politics to dictate my shopping habits because you either cutting off your nose to spite your face, or then you have to compromise your convictions when you need something they have.

I feel your pain. I have had many problems with FedEx. I have my son's Christmas present that I tried to return so I can get him a new one and it has been lost. I have looked and looked and they hide how to do a claim on smart post. I gave up.

I find when I send stuff through the mail to my mom in Illinois, that it goes to Wisconsin before going to St Louis then to her. Why it goes to Wisconsin before going to Southern Illinois is beyond me. When I send her stuff I have to have tracking on it because her post office workers steal packages.

Hopefully everything will get straightened out for you soon.

I haven’t had Amazon packages lost, but since they started their own delivery service packages are delivered as late as 10 pm. Their tracking is horrible - I can’t get an ETA on deliveries and they don’t send an email until several hours after the delivery was made. I’ve left packages out overnight simply because I don’t know it’s there. Thankfully nothing has been stolen.

I dunno. I'm keeping an eye on amazon. Three packages of castor oil, lost or whatever. They promptly refunded my money when I disputed it, then I ordered from a different company and it was delivered next day. I hate to blame the seller because it said that it was delivered by amazon, or am I misunderstanding what being delivered by amazon means? I assume the product is at their warehouse and is packed and shipped from there, and as such, having nothing to do with the seller.

I still purchase a lot from Amazon with very few issues and my daughter purchases huge amounts from Amazon with no problems. When I move I will also be upping my Amazon purchases because we have so few options for shopping. Walmart is our only big box store where I am relocating. So Amazon and Costco shipping are the main choices for shipping to you.

because we have so few options for shopping

Living in the Bakken Oil fields in North Dakota is where I got into online shopping. The town I was living in did have a couple of grocery stores and a hardware store, but it was really expensive so I would usually just get perishables like milk and bread. The next available town for shopping was a 3 hour round trip on a good day, but it was still pretty limiting...it did have a WalMart, KMart. Penny's and Macy's. If you wanted more variety, it was an 8 hour round trip and though it was doable, it was exhausting and so we'd make it an overnight.

But you had to be careful with your shipping choices. The town was small so the Post Office would not deliver anything that didn't fit in your mailbox or mailbox slot if you have a locking box (which we did)...not a big deal when the town only had 4000 residents, but with the oil fields, it now had 16,000+ so getting anything from the Post Office was a minimum of two hours standing in line and then praying that they were able to locate your package and didn't have to come back the next day. So you needed to choose UPS or FedEx, but 1) you had to make sure they would deliver to your address and 2) that they didn't hand it off to the Post Office.

My main shopping is Reno which will be 160 miles away. The town of Winnemucca is a population of 7800 mostly miners. The other town is Elco 130 miles away with a few more choices but nothing great and no Costco. Fortunately, FedEx and UPS deliver to your door in most of the rural areas except for the very off-grid areas, but the USPS boxes have to fit in the community locked boxes, so you do not want high-priced boxes delivered from USPS. Elko has a Pennys, Sears, Dress Barn, along with some other stores so there are some choices in a new shopping center so it is a reason to go somewhere and one good family-style restaurant. But it is an old dirty dusty town the actual downtown area.

I dunno. I'm keeping an eye on amazon. Three packages of castor oil, lost or whatever. They promptly refunded my money when I disputed it, then I ordered from a different company and it was delivered next day. I hate to blame the seller because it said that it was delivered by amazon, or am I misunderstanding what being delivered by amazon means? I assume the product is at their warehouse and is packed and shipped from there, and as such, having nothing to do with the seller.

Yeah.. unfortunately since the pandemic especially, amazon hires what you could call delivery mercenaries lol. Meaning they aren’t full-fledged employees per se, and nobody is getting vetted. My bf went to apply at the local warehouse and saw people in their literal pajamas at a hiring event. I’m not saying all workers and drivers are wild cards, but it can depend on where your warehouse is located as to the uh… quality of service you get.

My misfortune is living in a second story of an apartment building. I hear the delivery people huff up the stairs and throw my boxes down outside my door. :(

FedEx don't even walk up the 4 stairs to my porch then throw it down on the porch. They just toss it up to the porch or just reach and make the package balance on the top step.
In my area, fedex is the worst. Packages arrive ripped, or delayed, and sometimes are dropped at other houses. I honestly wonder if they play football with the packages.

Latest posts

Back