Shipping TOG to Canada?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

Reaction score
I've been researching for some months now to find just the right soap mold(s). I finally decided to invest in the TOG as found on the Etsy site. I went through all of the "hoops" only to find out at the end that they can't ship to Canada??

Does anyone know if there is any other way or source to get the TOG soap molds sent to Canada?

Thank you

I am TOG! I ship all the time to Canada! I shipped out 2 orders to Canada this past week alone! I ship all over the world. What item are you looking at?

Paul....:)
TOG Soap Molds!

Paul, in your listing you only give the rates for US shipping. I guess that is why she is questioning your shipping to Canada.

Tabitha said:
Paul, in your listing you only give the rates for US shipping. I guess that is why she is questioning your shipping to Canada.

I had a few listed to Canada, Tab. I went just now and added shipping to Canada to all TOG Molds, Cutters & Bevelers. Woodi from the forum is getting her TOG 12/24 Bar Slav Mold delivered tomorrow in Canada according to the USPS Tracking info. Thanks for pointing out everything guys! I have shipped to Canada, Turkey, Germany, Sweden, England, and Spain. I ship anywhere you live in the world! :D

Paul.... :wink:

TOG Molds

Thank you for such prompt replies. I want to order the TOG Slab 20/40 and I want to order the shaver/beveler. I will try again later today or on Saturday. I'm not giving up. That is why I posted on this forum.
Thanks again.

I believe if you label it "Gift" you wont have to pay duties. I am not sure but one of my "real job" customers asked me to do that once to Canada. The funny part is that it was 420 binders lol, what a gift :roll:

Woodi...I'm glad to hear that. What happened was that at first the Etsy site rejected my order, and then Paul did something and then it worked.

And now I am patiently waiting for my Tog mold and Shaver/Beveler. It's very exciting. I am definitely going to learn to post pictures. I really enjoy that part of this forum.

Laurie, I didn't mention that it usually takes at least 2 weeks for things to arrive here from the southern or western USA. I just keep that in mind, and then I don't get impatient for my orders.

Keep smiling! Post those pics when you can.

edco76 said:
I believe if you label it "Gift" you wont have to pay duties. I am not sure but one of my "real job" customers asked me to do that once to Canada. The funny part is that it was 420 binders lol, what a gift :roll:

I know some smaller sellers will label a purchase as a gift, but I personally wouldn't do it. Most companies businesses won't do it.

Because "if" you get caught it's a federal offence and not one I care to take the punishment on. I'm not sure what the punishment is exactly however I certainly don't want to find out.

I was asked a month ago to do this with a TOG 8 Wire Bar Cutter going to a lady in Germany. I figured I don't sell these for such a high price she could not afford to pay the tax on it and told her it was not worth the chance of me getting caught and fined, or at least, having to pay HER duties. I told her sorry, if she could not accept these terms, please order another one from another company that sells for $240.00 instead of mine that sells for $89.00. She ordered mine. :) :lol:

Paul.... :wink:

Hey Paul what happens if someone orders a "gift" for someone else? Not trying to beat the system, but let's say I bought a mold as a gift online, but was having it sent to another party would it still come as a merchandise?

Just curious. My DH just went through this for my Christmas present. How does that work? And would the rules apply in reverse (sending "gifts" to the U.S)?

pink-north said:
Hey Paul what happens if someone orders a "gift" for someone else? Not trying to beat the system, but let's say I bought a mold as a gift online, but was having it sent to another party would it still come as a merchandise?

Just curious. My DH just went through this for my Christmas present. How does that work? And would the rules apply in reverse (sending "gifts" to the U.S)?

If that is what it is, and you tell me that and I keep your notes on file and can prove I didn't pull one of customs or the GFT in Canada, I would say "Gift" on the forms I fill out when I ship internationally. As long as my butt is covered, I don't care at all, but I like things like that in writing, if you know what I mean. :roll: :wink: I don't want to be shut down for something that little, as I'm sure anyone who ships international does.
Like I said, as long as it says "gift" in the order or send me a statement stating that, not an issue! As far as shipping from Canada to the US, I haven't a clue. :? Sorry.

Paul :wink:

I don't know about customs in Canada, but I do know the regulations in The Netherlands.

The difference between a gift and a normal purchase is the limit under which you don't have to pay duties. For a normal purchase it's 22 EUR and for a gift it's 45 EUR.

So marking things as a gift alone is no guarantee for not having to pay duties. The seller would also have to write a different value on the package.

It's a matter of luck, because they randomly check the packages. So sometimes you have luck when you don't have to pay duties. There's also a chance they open the package and check if the value of the contents matches the value written.

Thanks for the info Paul. It will help me out alot. I will take your advice and make sure if I get any international orders as gifts to get it in writing. Sounds reasonable and safe.

Latest posts

Back