Shipping Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edco76

Reaction score
What do all of you use to mail your soap out in? I am wanting to mail some family members some of my new soap I am so proud of (and they said I would never amount to anything). I work in the custom packaging industry so I don't have a problem with sources of materials. I am just wondering what works best in your experiences. I am thinking of using a corrugated box that we sell that measures 4 x 3 x 2. Just wondering if there are any issues you all have ran into as far as shipping goes that I might need to be aware of.

What shape are your bars? I place each of my bars into a cello bag, layer soap, layer peanuts (or bubble wrap), layer soap, peanuts, soap, peanuts, etc.

Tabitha said:
What shape are your bars? I place each of my bars into a cello bag, layer soap, layer peanuts (or bubble wrap), layer soap, peanuts, soap, peanuts, etc.

90% of my soap bars are rectangles.

I don't use soap boxes like Irena, but rather use a cigar band under shrink wrap. I take a piece of bubble wrap and place a bar of soap on the end and roll it over to where the whole bar is wrapped then place another dressed bar and do the same, and keep doing that until I have up to 4 bars wrapped in this manner in bubble wrap. I then put in a cardboard box or a USPS box and fill around the bubble wrapped bars with Styrofoam packing peanuts. That is about it!

I shipped 5 naked bars to Tab's hubby the other day. I just wrapped all the naked bars in one bubble wrap and then put that in packing peanuts! :)
Get them yet Tab??? :lol:

Paul.... :wink:

I bought the boxes. When I got home with my sample and put my bar in they worked perfect. Even had little flaps inside to secure the bar. I had to buy 100 though, so now I guess I have even more reason to make more soap. I just need to score some more lye :(

Latest posts

Back