Shipping soap from the Dominican Republic

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownjs

Reaction score
My wife & I teach soapmaking at a Christian school in the Dominican Republic as a ministry effort. The school would like to ship the soap to the U.S. to sell. We would appreciate any suggestions on how to ship several hundred bars at a time from the DR to the U.S. We have tried DHL, UPS, etc but they are very expensive. Thanks for any help.

1675020548140.png

The school would like to ship the soap to the U.S. to sell.
With the cost of shipping these days, the added cost to each bar of soap would make the profit margin negligible. My advice, do the research and sell locally. If that's not doable, contact the parents to help find an Export/Import business to advise you of your options.

GOOD LUCK!

Zany - Thanks for your reply & suggestions. You are absolutely correct that this is not cost effective. Literature on how to sponsor a child in the school is sent along with soap purchased thru the catalogue so "hopefully" this might bring in new sponsors for the kids. Have a great week & again thanks for your reply.

Do mission teams ever come to visit you? If so, ask them to bring an extra suitcase or two (or buy one in the DR) for carrying the soaps back to the US. That's how it's done with the orphan relief program that we support. Technically you don't even need a suitcase, just a box. You do have to watch the weight limits to avoid hefty surcharges.

Last edited:
Do mission teams ever come to visit you? If so, ask them to bring an extra suitcase or two (or buy one in the DR) for carrying the soaps back to the US. That's how it's done with the orphan relief program that we support. Technically you don't even need a suitcase, just a box. You do have to watch the weight limits to avoid hefty surcharges.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, mission teams come every summer. The suitcase idea is appreciated. We will give that a try. Have a great week.

Back