Shipping costs!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I REALLY don't like how WSP is buying everything up and all these other places are caving so easily. I'd never sell my business. It's mine.

If Paige from soapsupplies.net is still in business she ships flat rate and has some nice fragrances. Or at least she always has shipped flat rate. I have not purchased fo's in a couple of yrs.
Thanks, I just ordered a few fragrances from her. The $7.95 flat rate made it worth it for me to try a few new ones. I only have a 50% success rate with FOs at best - many give me terrible headaches. So I always hesitate to buy any because I won't know till I open the bottle. But with low shipping, I was ready to take a chance.

I REALLY don't like how WSP is buying everything up and all these other places are caving so easily. I'd never sell my business. It's mine.

Who says they are caving so easily? If you don't want to sell your business, that is your right, but if someone else wants to sell theirs, that is also their right.

As an individual, I don't have a problem with Amy selling RE...she wanted to retire and as a private owner, her choices were to shut down company or sell it. As as customer, of course I am upset because the increased shipping costs meant I had to suck it up or source my colorants and scents elsewhere.

I just looked through the FO Review spreadsheet (AWESOME!) and picked a couple of FOs that I would like to buy from Brambleberry. However, the shipping cost is MORE than the FOs! Is there a supplier who offers free (or reasonable) shipping? I don't make soap that often so I don't want to buy a ton of oils.
Any suggestions?

A new supplier ( at least, I THINK they are new!) Studio Fragrance. Not sure what their free shipping limit is but I have yet to pay shipping on a single of many orders. They have some delightful fragrances, at $20-22 a pound. Been a Black Cherry hater ALL my life, however, their Black Cherry Merlot is really good! If you want me to tell you which fragrances I love from SF, just shoot me a message.

You don't say what State you're in but using a supplier close to home can save on shipping. Also, wait until you need other supplies to spread the cost across several items.

That being said, check out
WSP - Wholesale Supplies Plus - huge selection
MMS - Majestic Mountain Sage - quality FOs, prompt shipping
PFO - Pure Fragrance Oils (CA) - Flat Rate Shipping

Last edited:
Yeah. It's crazy! You can't blame the post office completely. I just tried to order some micas from nurture soap. Eight 5 gram bags cost $11.35. and the shipping came to $16.45. You can ship that for a few bucks easy. Or priority mail for about $8. I really want to buy some good quality micas, but I kinda want to give them a try first before ordering a huge amount and maybe, just maybe, getting a decent shipping rate.

Yeah. It's crazy! You can't blame the post office completely. I just tried to order some micas from nurture soap. Eight 5 gram bags cost $11.35. and the shipping came to $16.45. You can ship that for a few bucks easy. Or priority mail for about $8. I really want to buy some good quality micas, but I kinda want to give them a try first before ordering a huge amount and maybe, just maybe, getting a decent shipping rate.
Scratch that!!! I just realized that they offer free shipping for over $30. I'm in!! :)

Good! I was going to offer to send you some samples from vendors I use or even drop them by my next time in TX, but it's a BIG state, so chances are I would not really be that close anyway.
Aww! That's sweet of you.

And yeah I live on the gulf coast. It takes hours to get anywhere in Texas from here. I'm so excited to try the neons. I was hoping to make a pride soap, but my red morphed to an ugly yellow-brown in a different soap. Thankfully it was a tumeric lemongrass so I can roll with it. That color on a rainbow would have been disappointing.

Though this won't help at the moment, Brambleberry occasionally offers free shipping. The last time was in the fall. So get on their email list and keep an eye out for the next time it's offered.
Shipping everything is expensive right now. With diesel fuel being close to $6 a gallon, just take a minute and figure out how much it must be costing truckers to get us our goods. I have paying more for shipping but fully understand the increases.

Latest posts

Back