Shelving and Soap Rack

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZandarKoad

Reaction score
Here's the shelves I made from old pallets I tore apart and put back together:

Soap%20Rack%202.jpg

Soap%20Rack%203.jpg

And the soap rack, without with the individual shelves:
Soap%20Rack%205.jpg

Soap%20Rack%208.jpg

Great job. But you might want to coat the wood. Hubby works at a frieght company, one of the real big ones. He was just talking about how liquid fright breaks all the time when loading these pallets and they get coated with stuff that is toxic. So do not assume pallets are clean and fresh. Be safe not sorry. Who knows what was on them and how it might react with you soap.

Great job. But you might want to coat the wood. Hubby works at a frieght company, one of the real big ones. He was just talking about how liquid fright breaks all the time when loading these pallets and they get coated with stuff that is toxic. So do not assume pallets are clean and fresh. Be safe not sorry. Who knows what was on them and how it might react with you soap.

Good warning! But I do know where these pallets came from, and what was on them. I unloaded them myself actually, then they sat around for a few months outside. They carried electronic equipment.

The point is that you don't necessarily know what was on them before that.

Latest posts

Back